“Great pub great food!”

Ranked #503 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European, Mexican, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Locally know as "The Eddy", this pub really is a true home from home. Serving great home-made food and a wide selection of drinks. Numerous screens, showing a wide variety of sport. The Edinburgh is well worth searching off the beaten track for. Our kitchen is run by Two Wolves, who offer vegan, meat and fish options as well as gluten free. The menu is split into "good" and "evil", designed to offer choices for both healthy living and indulgence. All food is cooked and prepared in house using locally sourced produce where possible.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Lovely atmosphere and great staff, close to the station but off the beaten track. The roast is delicious as are the nachos and fajitas. Portions are huge and it is great value for money, we will definitely be back!

There are newer reviews for The Edinburgh Pub

Reviewed June 12, 2014

After reading reviews on trip advisor and looking where the Gourmet Card could be used in Brighton-my wife and myself decided to try this pub.
The pub was a 'local' with good ale(expensive for bitter at £3.90/pint) and good food-but most of the food was either very spicy or different types of burger! We had the 'Heart attack' burgers which were excellent-and good value at £9 for two-with gourmet society card.We do not normally eat burgers and they were not really what we wanted but we enjoyed eating them.

1  Thank binroaming
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Came to watch a football match Sunday lunchtime. Nice pub and atmosphere. Beer seems a bit pricey- £4.20 for a Guinness. Had a roast which was just ok- chicken was just a breast with some bacon stuck on top, would usually expect a half roast chicken, and the veg and potatoes weren't great.

Their wi-fi is absolutely shocking- you need to log in and then it logs you out two minutes later..

1  Thank Mmarty_mcfly
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I have been shopping around for a new local for Sunday lunch since ours was put out of a business by the brewery that owns the property. I don't think the Eddy is going to be it. The roast selection did not include chicken, which is a favourite of mine. I got the lamb, which I often like and it was alright, but a bit fatty and the potatoes were undercooked. It came with some kind of sauerkraut, which tasted nice enough but didn't really go with a roast. There was a very large amount of some kind of orange mash, probably squash or similar. It was alright, but nothing to write home about. The ambience nice enough, but not quite a good enough roast to bring me back for Sunday lunch. Suitable for a pint though as the bar tender was very friendly and the drinks selection was reasonable.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've been here several times in the past for both large staff Christmas dinners and dining with friends and had a great time. I was looking for somewhere for our staff Christmas dinner for 7 people and thought of The Eddy but was concerned about some of the recent reviews. I contacted the pub to discuss this as it really didn't seem in keeping with my previous experiences and they assured me that we would have a great time and that they had a different chef since the reviews. On arrival, we were greeted by smiling staff, our table was laid out beautifully with decorations, a mince pie & crackers and we were not only well looked after but the food was amazing!! The portions were massive, the food was really tasty and the price very reasonable - £22 for a 3 course meal. We didn't all eat the same thing but all of us agreed that the food was great and the pub was clean and comfortable.

Off the beaten track so easily missed but worth a visit! A great time had by all :-)

1  Thank hotelrater76