“Thank you Camelford”

Camelford Arms
Ranked #21 of 1,188 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our pub has a simple approach - to be the sort of pub we would love to go to ourselves. When we go to a pub we like a warm welcome, friendly staff, good food and fine ales / wine - so this is what we offer at The Camelford. This creates the right atmosphere from which natural friendliness takes over, and before you know it, you are chatting away with those at the next table. Also a good pub should have dogs - and we are the most dog-friendly pub n town. Don't take our word for it - ask the pooches. Our (award-winning) food is served noon-9pm Mon to Sat, and from noon till 6pm on Sundays (where our roasts are legendary). Booking is advisable, but not necessary.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Came here on a Saturday lunch time to celebrate a friends 70th Birthday. The staff could not have been more welcoming and accommodating, The food was great. Thank you.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I took a last minute 5 day holiday to Brighton and found the Camelford Arms on my second day. I had broken two ribs on my way to breakfast (elsewhere) that morning and was in some considerable discomfort. The staff were extremely kind, patient and so friendly. The home cooked food is stunning! The table lay out, even when busy, affords plenty of room. I watched 2 rugby internationals, the first of which made the result for the Manager something to remember! Without exception the staff are great but a mention for Paul would be remiss of me. Lovely man. Doubtless to say, one has to visit other establishments while away and, on the whole, I wish I hadn't bothered. Hussar for the Camelford!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Camelford Arms has a nice vibe to it. The bar staff are very friendly and helpful. Good selection of wines on offer at reasonable prices. It's quite rare to see New Zealand wines on offer, but the wine menu was peppered with some great choices! It welcomes dogs, which is great and makes it very friendly. Unlike a lot of pubs, there is ambient music which is set just at the perfect volume so as not to ruin conversation! Their food menu and specials board looked mouth watering and well priced, even though on this occasion it was a pre-meal drinks location. To that end, we'll be returning to spend a longer time not only enjoying drinks, but will most definitely be sampling the food on offer!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just what we needed after a long day exploring Brighton good food excellent wine and a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Camelford is my "local' and you'll find me in the there a couple of times a month but this month was my partner's and I's 20th anniversary so we decided to hold a party here. The staff at the Camelford could not have been more helpful and they marked out and decorated part of the pub for us and about 60 guests and put on an amazing buffet. Everything went perfectly and I could not have asked for more. Thank you in particular to Mark Flood for all his friendly help and assistance. You will remain my local (but mainly as it's the best and friendliest bar in Brighton)!