“Stylish appartment in the middle of all the...”
other travelers have booked this property
Vine Street
Open plan living area The property is above a vintage market and coffee shop
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Open plan living area
The property is above a vintage market and coffee shop
Entrance
Open plan living area
Floating staircase leading to second floor
First floor wet room
Hallway leading to all bedrooms
Bedroom 1 with bath, there is a twin or double option (6 guest beds also available)
Bedroom 2 with a twin or double option (6 guest beds also available)
Second floor bathroom
Bedroom 3 with a twin or double option (6 guest beds also available)
Bedroom 4, with a twin/double option (6 guests beds also available)
5th bedroom - studio bedroom with double bed, 2nd kitchen and en suite.
5th bedroom - studio bedroom with double bed, 2nd kitchen and en suite.
Studio en suite.
Street view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SheSheCar...
Cardiff
“Stylish appartment in the middle of all the attractions”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

We stayed in vine street studio for a hen weekend. The living space is huge and stylish, we stayed in the first night (to play getting to know each other games) and the space felt huge even with 17 of us in it. The bedrooms however are a bit more squashed if you fill the place to its max.
We did have some wranglings over money with the management before we arrived, which was sad as other than that the management were a pleasure to deal with. Vine street itself is a perfect location, the laines are vibrant and interesting, and the appartment is really central, but the road itself is quite quiet. It really is a perfect location.
In summary; the living space of the apartment is amazing, the location is cool but relaxed - a few gripes, but nothing to put me off recommending the place whole heartedly.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Stylish venue, great location
Liked least: Some quibbling over money left a slightly bitter air
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
theresafw
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice apartment but far too many issues”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Spent the weekend in Vine Street studios with 8 ladies aged between late thirties to 50.

The apartment is one of those places that on initial reaction looks great but the reality was not. For a property that is advertised for large groups, this place does not live up to that.

There was certainly not enough shower facilities for the 8 of us let alone 16 that the property is advertised to hold. The wet rooms have the toilet inside them so if someone has just had a shower you have to stand in the wet room to go to the loo which personally from a slip and trip point of view this is very dangerous. I had a room with a bath in it which sounds lovely but the fact that you can’t stand up in the bath and I stubbed my toe on the plug trying to turn around didn’t make it an enjoyable soak.

There were only towels for 4 of us, small issue I know but when you are away for only a weekend the last thing you want is to moan for items that to me, should be standard attention to detail. The oven didn’t work so that was the end of our cooking for 8 people! – this was after being pointed to the fuse box which was sparking as we flicked the switches, clearly the oven had not been wired correctly - the comment back from the owner was that the hob worked and the small oven i.e. a grill! – not acceptable. We were offered £50 for the group of us to have breakfast – big deal!

Security !! – There is none. Someone from the agency walked through our bedrooms, came down stairs to hand us the missing towels – all of our personal belongings were upstairs and one of the girls was in the shower at the time !! not good

We felt very uneasy in the apartment as a £1,000 deposit was deducted from our account and we spent the weekend worrying about sitting on the sofa with a drink in case we spilt on it - and judging by some of the other reviews that I have just read we were right to be cautious.

This was certainly not my idea of a chilled out weekend which was the intention.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The lack of standards
Jun 20, 2013
Dear Guest, it saddens me that you see fit to write a second review when one of your group has already commented (my response copied below) albeit in a slightly more constructive fashion. We went to great lengths to try and make sure you enjoyed your stay and you benefitted from a HUGE discount based on the fact you were one of our first groups. I suggest you stay in a hotel next time as short term holiday lets are often peoples homes which sometimes do have minor issues.
Dear Guest, as previously discussed we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay as one of our first groups. We did have a problem with the lower oven in the main kitchen which was inspected prior to your arrival, the controls for which were taped up as you highlight. Prostar should have underlined that the taped up controls should not have been used. Apparently they failed to do this which resulted in the fuses tripping when you removed the tape and attempted to use the top oven. The bottom oven was working and the oven in the studio/annex was also available. We felt that given you were benefitting from a hugely discounted rate the offer of breakfast being paid for would suffice as compensation. Our electrician should clearly have not left the door open to the enclosed courtyard and the Prostar representative should have announced his arrival more clearly. Re some of your other comments, the design of the property and the way it is furnished is now clearly represented in our photos which of course you didn't have the benefit of when you booked, hence the large discount. I'm also sorry that you weren't left a 'breakfast hamper' which I gather was commented on according to Prostar. Hotel Du Vin are a very good local hotel and if you decide to visit again my offer of breakfast still stands. Thanks for the feedback.
tufty3007
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“good, but could have been better ......”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

+'s:
excellent living space in this apartment and a great location
-'s :
bedrooms - very small beds when spilt into singles, headroom limited, no storage space/drawers
kitchen area - We had issues with the oven** (as a previous reviewer has also mentioned) which was very inconvenient and was never resolved, but we were kindly offered £7 each for breakfast for the remaining two mornings of our stay by way of compensation. An electrician eventually arrived to try and fix the problem, but was allowed to let himself in, which left us with security concerns as he also left the downstairs door wide open when he left after condemning the cooker...
** i will add that part of the cooked was ‘taped up’ when we arrived, but there was no note to explain why? I removed the tape as i thought it was there due to it being a new oven and had not been used, rather than it being a brand new oven and was 'faulty'. So a note to explain what was going on would have helped (and saved a lot of hassle and inconvenience, to everyone concerned). I couldn't use the microwave (im only 5'2") as it is placed far too high.
bathrooms – they are all wet rooms, so difficult not to get your trousers wet if you go and use it after someone's had a shower and no bathmats, so they got a bit slippery
There weren't enough towels for us when we arrived but they were delivered by hand - albeit by someone else who was allowed to walk into the apartment unannounced.

I accept that this is a new apartment and that all the issues were probably just 'teething problems'.

Competition is stiff in Brighton and I sincerely hope the landlord manages the various issues to everyone's satisfaction in future.

It is a great space in a convenient location, but I probably wouldn’t use it again when i return to Brighton ....

Liked best: living space
Liked least: bedrooms/bathrooms
Friends getaway Large groups
SueL123
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay in central Brighton”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Lovely converted building, immaculately clean, really cool furnishings and decor, and great friendly service from James and Naomi who really seemed to care that we enjoyed our stay.The only downside is that if you order extra beds, they are simply mattresses on the floor rather than beds. They do the job, but whoever ends up with the mattresses feels like the poor relation (and doesn't do their bad back any favours!)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The way it has been lovingly furnished with really cool stuff, and the service rec'd from all concerned
Liked least: The small mattresses on the floor as additional beds
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway
Jun 13, 2013
Dear Guest, many thanks for your feedback and we're sorry you had a less than 100% satisfactory stay. We're reviewing the maximum group size allowed to stay as the 'camp beds' offered to larger groups does compromise the overall comfort that smaller groups will experience. Thanks again for your feedback.
Natasha18...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment but beware....”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

I was so pleased when we turned up and found our apartment, it was all flashy and the living space was just what we wanted. It really is as nice as they say on the other reviews, it’s a good location 5mins to the beach, train station and the town.
However after a really good weekend I received my deposit back less an amount of money this is because Prostar Services the cleaning company DO NOT CLEAN, you have to do it. It's just advice but here are some tips if you don't want to pay extra. Tip one they do say you have to take out the rubbish there was no bin outside the apartment or in the garage, having never been to Brighton we did not know that the bin at the other end of the street was used for the whole street (in Devon you get in trouble for using other peoples bins) so we left it in the kitchen, no information on this hopefully they will up-date the instructions going forward - This will cost you £10.00 + vat, actually maybe they wont as it's very easy money for them. Tip two if you are a group of girls or a mixed group and you happen to wear make-up do not use the towels they provide any dirt on them will cost you £15.00 + vat, they sent me pictures there is some lipstick on some of them but a scoop of vanish would have removed that which I was willing to pay for. Tip three one of the girls has left a very faint stain/mark on one of the sheets could be fake tan but I got fed up of looking at the pictures trying to spot the stain in the end. This will cost you an unbelievable £25.00 + vat so avoid sleeping on the beds at all costs because to wash the sheets costs a fortune! I would post the photos so you can see I’m not exaggerating but I’m not allowed because the cleaning company sent them to me so they aren't mine to share. The service in relation to this has been poor, they just took the money without even considering an amount that was reasonable. I left this apartment so happy and the very next day I feel like I have been taken for a ride. It's not like the apartment is particularly cheap especially when you bear in mind four of the girl’s beds were fold up mattresses on the floor a hotel would be cheaper and you wouldn't be punished for using the facilities provided. As for recommendations I had three people ask me to report back to them about this, I said yes apartment was amazing, cleaning company shocking (not reasonable like you are led to believe) and honestly I can't bring myself to rave about an apartment that should be 5* but left me feeling like I had a 1* weekend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Living space and location
Liked least: Paying for the cleaners
Friends getaway
Jun 13, 2013
Dear Guest, we're very sorry you were less than 100% satisfied with your weekend. We've spoken to Prostar who carry out the guest changeovers, check in/out, cleaning, etc. They maintain that one of the bedrooms was left in an unacceptable state and that the linen in this bedroom was damaged beyond repair, not just with makeup but bodily fluids. Other items were left amongst the bed linen rather than disposed of in the lined bin. The rubbish was not put outside in the street bin (clearly visible from the front door) however I accept that clearer instruction could have been beneficial. The deposit retained was a minor amount, approx 5% of the security deposit. We will review our House Rules and synchronise them with the Guest Instructions that Prostar give all guests. Many thanks for your feedback.
Rachel W
“Wow factor”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Well what can I say! 15 ladies and I stayed at Vine Street Studio for 3 nights from the 3-6 may, we all had concerns about where we were going to stay as we were such I big group but honestly we needn't of worried as Vine Street Studios was amazing, all the ladies commented on how spacious, light and airy and modern without being pretentious. The location of Vine street is right in the middle of Brighton so was fantastic for all the things we wanted to do bars, beach and shops all within a 2 minute walk.
The only thing that happend was completely out of the control of the owners it that on the first night, the oven blew a fuse, the lovely and very helpful Naomi sorted it as soon as she could and kept us informed on the matter.
I and all the other ladies have said if we went back to Brighton we would definitely stay at Vine Street Studios again! Great place to stay!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How big it was
Traveling group: Large Group
Large groups
portsmouth
Reviewed May 11, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Parking
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing