“Good start to the day”

Farm Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We made two visits over the bank holiday weekend for breakfast. The staff were friendly and the food was well presented and tasty. I particularly liked the poached eggs and toast. The owner has a good sense of humour and the atmosphere was pleasant. I particularly liked the fact that all the food was cooked to order and the staff managed expectations that there may be a wait.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for breakfast. Pleasant atmosphere, polite and smiley staff, pleasant food. Very clean. Recommended for breakfast.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am unashamedly a keen breakfast eater and living in the Trendy North Laines here in Brighton I am often spoilt for choice.What I like is great freshly cooked food served with pleasantness and a good ambiance also good VFM.
I have been to the Famous Establishment right next door many times so this cold Monday am seemed to present a good opportunity to try Farm.
We arrived just after 10 am and there was 1 other customer already seated.the ambiance shouted Rustic Charm and was a good fit for the eclectic tastes of North Laine.
There was 1 pretty girl serving and things were looking good......I was famished and my partner also .
To cut to the chase whilst his Sausage sandwich was satisfactory though the white bread was not standard and really too thin......I had asked for the Full English option........well when it arrived it seemed to me that it had been out under a heating lamp the bacon was hard and dry the fried egg runny loveliness had long since disappeared the baked beans were smaller than usual.....I mean the individual beans were small.The mushrooms did not taste fresh ......a somewhat stewed flavour the single half grilled tomato looked anaemic and did not excite my taste buds either the toast was again very thin and had only minuscule amounts of butter.
I asked the chef to change my egg and he immediately offered to bring me a fresh fried one as well
At no stage did the pretty girl or the young chef come back to see if all was OK I don't like more than one complaint per visit but I would have needed to do more this occasion if I had been asked.
My friends pot of tea was good offering up 2 full cups from an very bijou teapot My Medium Cappuchino was Ok in size and taste........but no one came to see if we wanted a fill up.
The farm became gradually busier so after an hour when we left there were 10 customers .So we had spent 1hour plus there and not Been asked at all about how was our meal or offered any more drinks.
When you are asking me to part with £7.90 for a English Breakfast I expect more than that !

You may think that I am a rather miserable person with these observations but I have done at least as many Great Place Reviews so I do praise where excellence is to be found.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

If you can get in to Farm, it comes highly recommended. The food is superb, locally sourced organic and fresh. The breakfast sausage and bacon was particularly good as were their smoothies. One other thing they do is proper meat sandwiches, freshly carved and cut. They are sensational. Try the beef with horseradish. Staff were also great, they are always overworked and a little stressed but do their best and the quality has never wavered on repeat visits.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

On a recent visit to Farm Cafe, we were spoken to rudely by the chef. As the old Chinese proverb says, "If you can't smile, don't open a shop". Disappointing.

1  Thank Katrin4531