“Yummy!”
Review of The Codfather

The Codfather
Ranked #855 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great little chippy that also does Chinese food - winner! Very nice staff too, they delivered the food to my door when I injured my leg.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is my local chippy and I do always enjoy being greeted by the unmistakable image of Marlon Brando, on the wall.

Although not the best fish and chips I've had in Brighton, they are certainly better than your average, the fish is always good quality, the batter always crispy but unfortunately they are often let down by stodgy, greasy chips. I always ask them to try and get them crispy now which they do sometimes manage.

It's run, not by a well dressed Italian family as the name might lead you to believe, but a friendly Chinese family. They also have a secret weapon - a Chinese food menu. I have sampled their Singapore noodles and one of the set menus which were pretty good too. It's nice to have the chance to chop and change to a Chinese or mix and match, should you suddenly have a change of heart (I always get some prawn crackers and sweet and sour dipping sauce to accompany my fish and chips!). The friendly service and generous portions always make for a satisfying take away and their rating should really be better than average but not quite very good.

It's worth visiting just on the off chance they will make you an offer you can't refuse!