“Shockingly bad service”

New York Coffee Club
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Shockingly bad service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Reluctantly called in to NYCC Brighton today as we have had very poor service in there before.
However my daughter wanted to try it one more time.
We got ourselves seated and decided what we would like to Eat and drink, we had not been greeted in any way or form.
I went to the counter to place my order, the one staff member behind said counter didn't even acknowledge me.
Intact he walked away and disappeared out the back of the store...I could see 2 other staff members out the back, both of which looked at me but nothing.
I stood there for approx 5 minutes before leaving.
I am very surprised that the Andre family employ such BAD staff.....?
We have used this store approx 6 times since it has been open and to be honest will NEVER return, they should visit COSTA and note how they operate.

3 Thank Keith L

Crewe, United Kingdom
“Nice little coffee shop in the heart of Brighton !”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Called in at the NYC while in Brighton recently. Admittedly we did seek it out as we like Peter Andre! We only had coffee but it was very nice. The waitress was really friendly (blonde hair in a pony tail) and we felt very welcome and had a good laugh! Conveniently situated in the city centre! Small play area if you have little ones! Nice decor ! If we lived in Brighton we would call in often . Overall a pleasant experience. Just a shame Peter wasn't there! Ha ha! X

Visited July 2013
1 Thank wendy w
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Best coffee shop in Brighton”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Situated by the clock tower this small independant coffee shop is themed on New York with piuctures of the Big Applie adorning the walls and food similarly themed.
The coffee here is good and compared to the main chains reasonably priced.
Usual type coffee shop food, such as sandwiches and paninis are good but they do superb hot dogs. Really worth having! All a foot long and with choices of add ons they start at under £3.
And I can recommend the cranberry and white chocolate slices.
If you are in the town centre and want a good quality coffee and/or snack at a fair price then try the NYCC.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ray C
Hampshire, UK
“Pete's Place”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went here recently, I confess it was my birthday and we travelled there specially as I do like Mr Andre, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I felt a bit let down with the atmosphere, only one member of staff on but if its quiet understandable, I can't quite put my finger on it but having travelled two and a half hours to sit in this coffee shop I sort of expected more pazzaz BUT the coffee was excellent in sensible latte glasses with a decent handle, we had a brie and bacon Panini which was delicious. Tried to buy some cups to take away but they're not selling them from the shop for at least a month so bit disappointed. Anyhoo, glad we went and Brighton is a great place to visit.

Hove, United Kingdom
“YUK!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Miserable staff. No smiles, carried on chatting while we waited to be acknowledged. There were only 2 other people in the café on a Friday at 2pm. Cake more like a rock cake. Very dry. Toilet absolutely stank. Handled the money then made another coffee without washing hands. Gave it a go but would NEVER go back. Have told everyone I meet to give this place a wide berth. No wonder Peter's 1st coffee shop was marked down on hygiene. As I own a pub that does food, I would not let my dog eat here. Clean the toilets & change the staff.

1 Thank louria