“A Fabulous breakfast stop”
Review of Route23 Diner

Route23 Diner
Ranked #275 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 27, 2013

An early Saturday morning stop for breakfast found us in this delightful transport cafe with a difference. With a heavy bikers theme we found the food freshly cooked and a good diverse choice of grub!. For the portion sizes great value for money and fantastic attentive staff. The food area was clean and there is ample parking.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Covering a fair amount of mileage and having a complete aversion to motorway service foods when there's an alternative, traditional transport cafes often get my patronage. Yesterday, en route to Brighton, I visited Route 23 for breakfast.

This cafe is clean, friendly and has a menu which contains the usual suspects at fairly typical prices. I had a standard cooked breakfast which was well presented and served promptly. The only downside was the fact that there was a distinct taste of stale cooking oil which, although not bad enough to be worthy of a complaint, was rather disappointing.

Other than the above, the only other issue I had was that the gents loo was either a case of 'work in progress' or 'haven't got round to replacing the missing tiles yet. Again, not a major issue. but one that needs addressing, nevertheless.

Will I go back? Probably, but in the hope that on second visit I have no reason not to give it 5-stars.

BTW, wi-fi would be useful.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

A very nice transport cafe on the outskirts of Brighton on the A23 hence the name, good food and very reasonable prices, we were very impressed with the cleanliness and the attentive staff, we will call in again the next time we travel to Brighton and I am sure we will still be pleased with this cafe.

4  Thank Monty136