“Quality over quantity”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Druids

The Druids
Ranked #429 of 1,111 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Burgers, kebabs and bar snacks. Popping up at The Druids Arms every Wednesday-Saturday. Everything made from scratch using local, seasonal ingredients.
Sussex
“Quality over quantity”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The burgers may be slightly on the pricey side, but they are worth every penny with quality ingredients and quality tastes. The brioche bun was perfect for soaking up the juices of my Stinky Breath burger. The triple fried chilli cheese chips just topped it all off and I didn't need breakfast the next day.

We popped in on a Saturday night at 8pm and the beer garden was full of students. It was a nice atmosphere though, and we did only go there for the burgers, but be aware if this is your first trip to Brighton. The beer is pricey too as we didn't have student discount cards, but after the burger and chips, we had no room for beer anyway!

This is a great place to meet up with a bunch of friends - we'll certainly be bringing our friends along the next visit.

• Visited July 2014

“One of the best burgers I've ever had!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Visited the Troll's Pantry on a busy weekend evening and was initially put off by the dingy, dark and (slightly) dirty appearance of the Hobgoblin. I'd heard a lot about the burgers but perhaps my expectations were lowered by the surrounding because when the food came I was blown away!

The four of us were chatting away when the burgers arrived (the wait was a little longer that I would have liked/expected) but pretty soon we were hushed as we each tucked into a different delicious burger. Can't remember the burger I chose but it had Bacon Jam which made all the difference!

In short, not the nicest venue, the wait was too long but the food made up for it!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank FJohnston777
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not as good as the hype”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food was nice, but nowhere as good as you'd expect for the amount of hype around the trolls pantry. The sauces are really good - and slightly different. I think it would be better on its own rather than the hobgoblin - I think that this would imrpove the service and the whole dining experience.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Holly S
Peterborough
“I should have gone to burger brothers”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

After searching the internet for the best burger reviews I was settled on burger brothers. However a chat with a local Brighton resident who is a customer of mine. had informed me that there was a much better, less well known burger place to try. He told me it is the best burger place in Brighton. I was intrigued. Good burgers don't grow on trees after all.

Unfortunately it wasn't that good, it wasn't even that average. I've made burgers myself that were nice than this. And the price!!!! For a tiny and I mean tiny burger was £10. And the chips I haven't mentioned the chips because on a Saturday afternoon they didn't have any. What burger restaurant doesn't have chips, a crap one is the answer.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Chedwood
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Had heard many great things about this place so thought I'd give it a go, have been researching everything about it online becoming slightly obsessed with trying it. I ordered the trolls stinky breath burger as I love all the ingredients but was completely let down by the flavour, considering it was a big beef patty I would've thought they may have seasoned it as that's where most of the flavour had come from, but it was extremely bland. Contained a little too many bits of fat for me also, I know it's meant to add flavour but I've had many gourmet burgers that didn't have any visible fat in and were incredibly delicious (GBK, Jamie's Italian etc). The triple cooked fries were okay, would've liked them to have abit more crunch. So nothing special. My boyfriend enjoyed his burger though, 'fiery mountain' but I think that was mainly down to the perfect BBQ sauce. He agreed with me about the lack of seasoning in the patty. Would like to give them another chance but with so many other places to try in Brighton, why bother? Wouldn't recommend.

1 Thank Holly M