“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Druids

The Druids
Ranked #429 of 1,111 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Burgers, kebabs and bar snacks. Popping up at The Druids Arms every Wednesday-Saturday. Everything made from scratch using local, seasonal ingredients.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Best burger in Brighton. Very good street food turned pub food. Far, far better than a standard pub offering and, in my opinion, beats many of the currently trendy London burger joints.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Matthew795

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Losing it's magic....”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Always been a massive fan of the burgers but went to the hobgoblin the other day and they just weren't as good...they were a bit bland and quite cold :(

Paul C, Owner at The Druids, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi. Sorry you didn't enjoy your burger. If you could possibly email me with the date/time you came to us and even the burger you had, so I can find out who cooked it and what might of happened. I take quality very seriously but personally can't be there to inspect every single burger so if there are lapses I apologise. But let me know the details and I'll do everything I can to ensure it was a one off.
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger in Brighton”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I have come back to the Troll Pantry maybe half a dozen times over the last few months to sample their burgers. The different ingredient combos are always changing and always imaginative and ridiculously tasty. They are definitely more expensive than what you might normally expect to pay but the quality is significantly better. Only thing letting the whole experience down is the volume of music at the Hobgoblin. Ear splitting at 6pm is a bit much.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank montyking
Ferrara, Italia
“Very good Burgers..but TOO MUCH SALTY”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

i gave 4 stars because in my honest opinion the burgers are too much salties, i was thirsty all night and the day after, by the way maybe was a case,the meat is awesome, the bread too and the place is beatiful, i SUGGEST YOU THIS PLACE !

• Visited March 2014
Paul C, Owner at The Druids, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hi. Can you please tell us the date and time you had your burgers so I can investigate and retrain staff if needed. You're the first person to ever mention this so I hope it's a one off. Hope you return for a second try anyway. Feel free to ask when ordering for less salt if you are not a big fan of salty food also. - Kind regards - Troll
Brighton
“Food sublime every single time!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Big fan of Paul and his mission, his "why" was what first made me try a burger when he was in the trailer at Wood project. But it has been the consistent quality of the food be it from Trailer, shack, stall or pub and the flavour combinations that has kept me coming back. His seasonality, local cheeses and that amazing 35 day aged beef mean that despite the now even longer waiting in the Hobgoblin (to takeaway), not a pub I normally visit, I am not deterred! I think the winter burgers have been my favourites, Winter Nymph ( blackberry and cognac sauce, st. Giles cheese), The Shaman (honey, sage/thyme bacon jam and goats cheese) and this week I had the Nightfire (chilli, choc and beetroot, smoked cheese). Fallback would have to be a Stinky Breath ( blue cheese, anchovy beer sauce, st Giles cheese).
I've pretty much given up having the burger on any menu when I'm out as I just get disappointed. With the effort Paul puts into foraging seasonal ingredients, making the sauces, those lovely buns and the flavour combinations Trolls Pantry is really really good food that has never disappointed- like many I've queued and sat in the rain to eat these burgers knowing that it would be totally worth it. Long may he continue!

Visited March 2014