“14 quid for a burger??!!”
Review of The Druids Arms

The Druids Arms
Ranked #427 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Burgers, kebabs and bar snacks. Popping up at The Druids Arms every Wednesday-Saturday. Everything made from scratch using local, seasonal ingredients.
brighton
“14 quid for a burger??!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have had many burgers from the troll's pantry van and a couple at the Hobgoblin pub - all of which have been amazing! I visited the Brunswick pub yesterday to support them and try yet another delicious burger. £13.95 for 180g burger, triple cooked chips and salad, I'm sorry but there was no way the chips were triple cooked & we only got a handful of them - not worth more than a quid! and the 'salad' was one lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato!! come on please! Burger was amazing as always but I essentially paid £14 for a burger! I'd rather go to Hobgoblin & double up my burger for under a tenner! It's a real shame because I really wanted it to be amazing & a regular place to eat.

I think he is outpricing hiself unfortunately and unless the sides gets a lot better, stick to what he's good at -JUST BURGERS!!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent burger - but £13.95!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent burger at the Brunswick pub which Trolls pantry has started serving from.
For £13.95 though I thought the whole thing would've been amazing - Chips and salad were average - maybe I'm wrong but the chips did not seem to be triple fried - like I've had them elsewhere but just average handcut chips cooked once (no crispy outer and soft inner like they should be if they are triple cooked)
Price is steep for a burger and chips - and I will always pay more for decent locally sourced produce - but I fear that the price may be putting some people off.
But I wish them every success as they do have a very good product.

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Trolls Pantry still offers the best burger in brighton despite some very good pretenders (mentioning no names of course).

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Niall L L
“A very tasty burger”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Since moving to Brighton and visiting Street Diner on a weekly bases I can honestly say that the Trolls Pantry burger is one of the best burgers I have ever tasted. Even beating burger joints in America.
The trolls put everything into making the perfect burger, the dedication is immense! I particularly love the Imperial and the Legend of Smokey Mountain.
And now I hear they are moving to a new location in Hove, as well as Street Diner and the Hobgoblin. Good luck to Paul and the fellow trolls.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Tasty.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Living in Brighton you hear a lot about Trolls Pantry and being vegetarian I haven't been. My boyfriend loves a burger and he was really happy with his tasty burger at the Hobgoblin. His only complaint, Chips. He wanted chips too. As this is a burger joint I expected to be laughed at being veggie but no I was accommodated for with everything put in a bun with stinky sauce. They have also said they plan to get another griddle to cook veggie burgers on. We will be returning.

• Visited August 2013