“Tasty food, friendly service, local produce and nice atmosphere.”
Review of Seven Bees Cafe

Seven Bees Cafe
Ranked #560 of 1,184 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A cosy cafe in The Lanes serving Brighton's Best Big Breakfast, chosen by Source Magazine as Brighton's best fry-up in Sept 2010. We cook breakfast from scratch, using local ingredients where possible, served with Yorkshire tea or lovely Triple Cert coffee.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have been coming here since my daughter was born in October 2013. The hot chocolates are excellent. Susie and Iain are really friendly. The food is good and all local produce. There is a great play area for babies and toddlers and grassy area outside when the weather is sunny. Such a relaxing friendly ace to hang out, dog friendly too!

2  Thank Hubssarahcollins

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've been going to seven bees for months now and every time the food has been faultless. All locally sourced, well cooked and just really tasty every time. Plus where else can you get a cup of tea for 80p! The real gem in this place is the play area, a little soft play area perfect for babies and toddlers and it's not just a tiny corner like some places. Susie and Iain are also really lovely, I definitely recommend seven bees. Just lovely breakfasts, great for little ones and everyone else I bring here loves it too!

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Good breakfast but when I asked the chap if it includes a hot beverage at £6.95 for the 'bigger breakfast' his response was "well it is a lot of food for the price". I was going to go for the 'biggest breakfast for £7.95 but the exclusion of a cuppa put me right off. What does a tea bag in hot water with a drop of milk cost nowadays? You can get a larger breakfast than this with tea or coffee all made with fresh, local ingredients from The Dumb Waiter in the lanes for £6.75 and I'm sure their rent is more than a concession in a church. I went out my way to come here as I enjoyed the food before when they were off Ship street but won't be returning again due to the lack of value. :-(

1  Thank djbrownb
Iain C, Manager at Seven Bees Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello there. Thanks for visiting us and I'm happy you enjoyed the food. I'm sorry you felt our offer wasn't good value. I thought it would be best to clear up a few things. The cafe is not a concession in the church. Seven Bees is now a not-for-profit community cafe in the church and is not seperate to the church. As in the old location we do not give a free drink with our breakfasts. A mug of tea is 80p extra. Every cafe operator has to make his or her own decisions re pricing. We have chosen to pay all our staff Brighton's Living Wage regardless of age or experience. This must be met from income received so that extra money for the tea makes a real difference.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had a great breakfast here before Christmas. Hope that it works in the new location - shame that the era has come to an end

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to forego the free hotel breakfast and come here instead. Glad we did! Wonderful fry-up - great quality and friendly atmosphere.

Iain C, Owner at Seven Bees Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Really pleased that you found us and enjoyed your visit. The cafe has permanently closed now as the new landlord is replacing us with office space. I have opened a Seven Bees community cafe in St George's Church in Kemp Town (BN2 1ED) which is open Mon-Fri, and hopefully Saturdays soon.