“Cool place and Great Coffee”

Cafe Coho - Ship Street
Ranked #4 of 66 Coffee & Tea in Brighton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe Coho is an award winning Independent Espresso Bar & Cafe w/ three stores in Brighton 53 Ship Street 83a Queens Road Churchill Square Piazza
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great place for a delicious coffee,a bite and catching up on all the gossip and a natter :-)
(by the way the chocolate and beetroot cake was to die for!)

James W, Owner at Cafe Coho - Ship Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Thank you for your review. The chocolate and beetroot is personal favourite of mine too...... if you visit again we have lots of lovely new cakes to try!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Coho - Ship Street

Reviewed June 3, 2014

When I let the manager know my coffee was watery, in a friendly way, she was smarmy and dismissive. The food was overpriced and no better than average - hard poached eggs and they wanted to charge £7 for adding a little smoked salmon to them!

James W, Owner at Cafe Coho - Ship Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that felt on this occasion the service was not as expected.

To clarify, the supplement to add smoked salmon to a dish is £2 and not £7. I think that is very reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I think it was the best latte i've had during my stay in Brighton (i took a second one because i liked it) The only thing was that my latte wasn't really hot and a bit expensive when you see the size. But I loved the taste. The girl behind the counter was very friendly. I was sad i just had breakfast because the food looked good.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having travelled down to watch the Brighton Marathon we weren't the only early birds in need of a good cup of coffee and a hearty breakfast this Sunday morning. Our two Americano we're satisfying strong, the difficulty then was what to choose to eat from the array of fresh pastries and the inviting menu. Eventually, it was a savoury and sweet combo that won out: the full English breakfast was cooked to order and instantly got the thumbs-up, while the blueberry pancake stack was also very tasty although a bit more fruit wouldn't have gone a miss. Unlikely to be the cheapest breakfast in the city but for a relaxed vibe and well prepared food it romps to the front of the pack.

1  Thank micky-v

Thank you for your recent review of Café Coho. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Great coffee in a relaxed atmosphere. I had a long black and it was so good I had another. The place was recommended by a local and I can see why. I normally feel claustrophobic in such places but the atmosphere put me at ease, we sat upstairs with a big window overlooking the bustle. Lovely.

Thank you for your recent review of Café Coho. I am pleased you enjoyed our coffee...... we think its awesome too!