“Lush coffee” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Coho - Ship Street
Ranked #4 of 76 Coffee & Tea in Brighton
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Coho is an award winning Independent Espresso Bar & Cafe w/ three stores in Brighton 53 Ship Street 83a Queens Road Churchill Square Piazza
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lush coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We popped into this little cafe today as my sister needed the loo! I'd been keen to try it for ages as the board outside mentions them selling the "best coffee in Brighton"......not sure if this is official, but that grabbed me! Packed inside-there was seating in the back room though and we got the last table upstairs. We had a gingerbread hot choc and a chai latte. Food looked nice, but we didn't try. Drinks were divine-reminded me so much of what you'd get in Italy. Very smooth and creamy. Will def be back

Visited February 2014
James W, Owner at Cafe Coho - Ship Street, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of Café Coho on trip advisor. We really appreciate it!

Rome, Italy
“Very good tea and cake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I dropped into Cafe Coho for afternoon tea and very much enjoyed the cosy, relaxed atmosphere and my cup of tea and Bakewell slice. My friends all complimented their sandwiches and coffees also. Friendly service and overall lovely experience.

James W, Owner at Cafe Coho - Ship Street, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear MK

Many thanks for visiting Coho recently and for your review. It is very much appreciated.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe with friendly staff & great menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I tried this place out today with my mum. It was very busy but we managed to get a table on the top floor. You order at the counter and then food is brought to the table so the downstairs tends to get a bit congested.
This place is so popular that people were eating outside in the middle of January.
The menu is huge and all the food looked lovely. Lots of nice cakes, pastries and different teas to choose from.
I will definitely go back.

Thank you for your lovely review of Café Coho. It is always nice to hear positive feedback.

London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited this little cafe this morning with girlfriend after sacking off the idea of hotel breakfast. Had their full cooked breakfast which was a wonderful thing with quality ingredients. Sausages and the bacon often what's makes it breaks a cafe made it. And a decent amount of scrambled egg. The dirty chai late also a good twist.
Only problem was all the amazing cakes on the side that I had no room for. That'll be next time.
Recommended.

James W, Owner at Cafe Coho - Ship Street, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear DE11s

Thank you for visiting Café Coho on your recent visit to Brighton. Your review is much appreciated.

We hope to see you again soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Breakfast made with love”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Just met up with a friend for breakfast and decided to pop in here as it was close to where she was heading to work afterwards. Neither of us had been before, but had heard good things.

First impressions when I walked in: what a cosy, lovely looking cafe! We sat down and the menu looked great -a really nice variety of breakfast options, sweet AND savoury. I will point out though that there wasn't any veggie options other than eggs or obviously the patisserie variety. That didn't matter for us, but just a heads up for any veggies looking for an English breakfast -it's not that kind if place. However their pancakes did look incredible! I ordered poached eggs and bacon on toast and my friend had eggs Benedict.

You had to go up to the counter to order, which again didn't bother me too much because I think it works better for breakfasts, but it is very small in there, so they could maybe offer table service and make the place less cramped by avoiding the queue that forms at the till behind where everybody is sitting. Nonetheless the staff were all friendly and well presented, so I'm not complaining -just a suggestion really.

The food arrived and it looked great! You could tell that all the ingredients were of a very high standard and I tasted the quality in every bite -even real butter on the toast! My bacon was cooked to perfection and my poached eggs were perfectly runny without being watery or slimy. Even the ketchup came in adorable little jars containing a decent amount, rather than when you're given a teaspoon sized dollop from an industrial pump served in a cheap metal dish.

It did get a little cramped in there, as every table was filled in the place, but part of me quite liked it -the general atmosphere of the place attracts nice people, so everybody realises the lack if room and just tries to respect each others personal space.

I would definitely recommend this place, as the food was delicious and it is quite the little gem on the corner. However I don't recommend it for groups larger than 4; not just because I don't know if you would fit, but because I think that part of this place's charm is that it is so cosy and personal.

Lovely though, really lovely.

Thank you very much for your review. We really do appreciate our customers taking the time to do so.