“Fun Asian Tapas restaurant”
Review of Yum Yum Ninja - CLOSED

Yum Yum Ninja
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went here with 7 people on a Saturday night, we were seated fairly quickly and we had a great time. Sharing all the different dishes was great fun, all of them were excellent. The plates came out one right after another, we felt like we were in a feeding frenzy. The atmosphere is cool, although I'm showing my age by saying that! The prices seemed reasonable. Service was great. GO there!

There are newer reviews for Yum Yum Ninja

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I'd tried their Pork belly steamed buns that are currently being sold on Fridays and Saturdays at the Brighton street food market, which were fantastic!
Decided to pop in today to see if they do take away from the restaurant, which they do!
Not all the menu is available to take away, but its still worth a look.
Ok, so the prices are a little higher than most would pay for lunch on a regular basis, but it's worth it for a weekly / monthly lunch break from the office.
I'm going to suggest to my work colleagues and personal friends to have an evening meal at Yum Yum Ninja, as the restaurant itself looks great, and the staff are really friendly.
Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank jamiereid12
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Yum Yum Ninja was suggested to us a by a friend who had enjoyed a meal there. We remembered the restaurant in another incarnation and knew it had disabled access and facilities and one of our party was a wheelchair user. They very kindly confirmed nothing had changed since their refit and did reserve a table suitable for a wheelchair user so top marks for that. But that was the best bit. The staff were friendly enough and keen to explain how things work in the "tapas style" Asian. But then the service seemed to slide. Having been told that dishes, being shared "tapas" style, would come to table when ready, we did expect that dishes would come individually. But then I didn't expect that there would be a 5 minute wait between each dish. As the first dishes we ordered were dim sum and very small, we were ravenous before the bigger dishes came. The food looked beautiful and they have clearly spent a lot of time on presentation. But the underlying food taste was just average. No one dish really wowed me. One particular dish would have looked decidedly tiny if you removed the 3 or 4 large chunks of cucumber. All a bit style over substance for me. I've had far better Asian food in Brighton and Hove at half the price, albeit not so pretty looking. The other customers were a youngish crowd and maybe more easily pleased and perhaps the very positive reviews reflect this.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

A friend and I visited Yum Yum Ninja for dinner the other night for the first time after hearing great reviews from friends and we were not disappointed! Being students it is certainly out of our usual price range but it was worth it for the mouth watering food; I am still thinking about it. The pork steamed bun and fried chicken dim sum were incredible as starters and the Pork Belly main was one of the best things I've eaten ever. So tender and delicious with a perfect crunchy crackling. I give it four stars because of the prices, but otherwise service and everything was excellent.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lots of choice and everything was delicious. As many dishes were small it was quite pricey at about £100 for 4 people with no alcohol. Would certainly go again!