“I love dim sum!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“I love dim sum!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am new to the world of dim sum but absolutely love it! I've been to a few chains in London and so when a group of us stumbled upon this place hidden in the lanes in Brighton we just had to check it out.

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon so we sat outside in the sun. I thought the menu was easy to read and there was a fairly good selection of dim sum. The wait staff were very attentive - I'm American and hold very high standards of wait staff - well our water was consistently refilled and we did not once have to ask for more which really stood out as great service to me.

One thing I thought was a great idea was that the dim sum had stickers on the outside labeling which dish was which - which is a simple but brilliant idea! However, when one came out without a label - the waiter didn't know what it was (which was a bit disappointing - however we soon figured it out by process of elimination!)

I'd highly recommend the roast duck dim sum as it was delicious. I think this is a relatively new joint in Brighton but think it will do well and I definitely intend to come back again to try a different selection of dim sum dishes!

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Pretty average food. Good service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was a group meal in one of the private dining rooms. The menu is a combination of Asian styles, the top ten most popular dishes from China, Thailand, Japan, Korea, etc. It was ok but not very exciting. The waiting staff were friendly and attentive

Visited June 2013
“Really nice alfresco dining”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a quick lunch last week in the courtyard - very tasty and relaxing atmosphere right in the middle of the Laines ill be back

• Visited June 2013
Midhurst
“Great food, when you get it!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

A major service disappointment for a returning customer. Arrived hungry & ordered a couple of appetizers to start with and waited a very long time watching customers all around me receive their food. After catching the attention of my wait person, seems my order had gone to another table by mistake. OK, mistakes happen (given a discount on my sake - nice gesture). However, from there, the original mistake was compounded. I was kept waiting with no offer of anything in the meantime. By the time my food finally arrived, I'd consumed a bottle of sake (which I'd ordered to go with the meal) . I was no longer hungry at that point and pretty mad; I sent the food back and prepared to leave. The manager stopped by again and began rationalizing the lateness of my food which had to be re-prepared. She offered me the food to take away (a bit of an insult at this stage). I asked for the bill, expecting them to comp my sake as a final attempt to make up for the bad experience. No such luck. I complained to the manager and had to go over the failed service opportunities with her (starting with failing to notice I hadn't been served to begin with, failing to offer me something to eat in the meantime, getting the food to a customer so late that they were no longer hungry and failing to do anything beyond the initial token gesture (50% off my sake - please don't explain that it's expensive -- so is my time (spent waiting)), and offering me more sake on an empty stomach). To her credit, the manager then refunded my money. I may give them another chance since the food is good - but not worth going thru what I did to get it.

• Visited May 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've been here twice now and loved it. The food was cooked perfectly and was tasty on both occasions. As it's asian 'tapas' style food you can try lots of dishes - all of them morish . The pork buns were juicy and delicious and the vegetarian options were lovely too. The staff have been consistently polite and attentive and the restaurant has a general good atmosphere.

Visited May 2013