“Ok food, overpriced, horrendous service!”
Review of Yum Yum Ninja - CLOSED

Yum Yum Ninja
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok food, overpriced, horrendous service!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We ate here a couple of weeks ago. The food was alright but not for the price. My friend is a vegetarian and they made no effort to bring her food out at the same time as our meat dishes so she has to watch is eat and visa versa. They also did not provide my friend with a card receipt, after the waitress took her card out of view... A big no no in my book. We asked several times for this and just received a load of attitude until the end of our meal. Spoilt the whole night over something so simple and not out of the ordinary to provide! The food was ok but the service out weighed it and I will not be returning!

“Too rushed”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Had heard good things about Yum Yum but really disappointed. The waiter told us the dishes were served 'tapas style' so we were expecting dishes to be brought out separately and to eat at a leisurely pace. Instead all our dishes were piled up on the table including sashimi with hot plates. Then the waiters kept trying to take unfinished dishes away. Everything had arrived within 15 minutes of ordering. The waiters said they had no control over the kitchen! Too expensive for this kind of service.

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An unususal place.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Cons: High prices, small portions.
Pros: Good intimate atmosphere, food is ok.
I've been there only once, so can't say much. I am not gonna go there again though.
A nice place for dates.

• Visited December 2012
brighton, uk
“Food is excellent - service was appalling.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went with 2 friends on Saturday 2nd March. It was fairly busy and we had to wait for a table. We went upstairs and ordered drinks while we waited. The guy behind the bar would hardly let us talk he just kept interrupting us with ' sit down and we'll bring them over' - we were trying to explain that there was nowhere to sit!!About 15 mins later the drinks arrived.There was then a problem with my receipt (don't get me started on this)!! We then went and sat downstairs to eat. The food was great but we had a waitress with a really bad attitude and just found that we had to keep asking for things...new plates,something to keep the wine cold, a dish we'd ordered earlier, a drink we'd ordered....my receipt from earlier. Anyway, as I say, food was lovely, but I just felt that from start to finish, the staff were hurrying and lacked attention to detail.

• Visited March 2013
Aylesbury
“Great company great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I spent an evening in Yum Yum Ninja with a couple of friends after a meal at Riddle and Fins, the sister restaurant. We had a really enjoyable evening, the atmosphere was great, and the cocktails were deliciously different. The bar personnel were especially friendly. I left feeling happy, (and slightly worse for wear) I will definitely be returning.