“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yum Yum Ninja - CLOSED

Yum Yum Ninja
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great food, great service and nice atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and attentive. The food was cooked fresh and tasted great. Would recommend the yum yum ninja beef dish. Will be going back again and again.

Visited February 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“girls night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

ten girls for a birthday dinner ,private room amazing staff ,then upstairs for more fun really was a perfect night perfect food perfect setting

Hove, UK
“Good atmosphere and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The tables are arranged in a similar fashion to Wagamama i.e. long tables and benches, albeit on a smaller scaller, but the restaurant was full when we arrived at 18:30 on a Saturday, so we ended up sitting at the bar. This turned out to be a good move as we had a good view of all the dishes being plated up when they came out of the kitchen. Most of the dishes on the menu are intended to be shared. None of the dishes we tried were spicy, but they were definitely very tasty and freshly cooked. We selected a few dim sum and a fish dish, and then ordered some additional dishes based on things we liked the look of when they came out of the kitchen. I thought the menu was varied and generally reasonably priced - the only exception was our scallop dish which was, although delicious, very expensive for 3 small scallops. They do an 'all you can eat' dim sum on a Sunday for £20pp. However, I think you would be hard pushed to get value for money as each person would need to order 6 or more. Service was friendly and efficient. Our waitress was new and wasn't knowledgeable about the dishes, but I got the impression that overall, the rest of the staff knew their stuff. Service only fell down when we wanted to pay and leave - so typical of many restaurants! I didn't have great expectations of this restaurant given the multitude of dodgy venues that had occupied that space in the past, but my preconceptions were unfounded and I suspect I will go there regularly when I am in town.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Interesting and enjoyable pan Asian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've been here 3 times now and I've enjoyed every single time. The atmosphere is cozy, warm and a great place to spend some time after a hard day. Being a foodie I quite like unusual food and/or classic dishes with a twist. So this place was enjoyable for me. I can see it being quite intimating for less adventurous diners (the hair quail eggs even for me were a bit odd and I like quail eggs!)

The service is friendly without being too pushy and I think most things are priced appropriately. The Sunday all you can eat dim sum is only worth it if you have 3 or more dishes. Otherwise it's not worth doing. I recommend the oysters as they were fresh and tasted lovely. Oh and the coconut sorbet was something pretty special!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favourite restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The quality and flavours of the food are incredible, there's lots of great dishes to choose from, a great variety on the menu. The staff were very attentive to our needs without being a nuisance, I felt very well looked after. The waitresses we were very lucky to have, Lucy and Emma, are honestly the nicest, most genuine restaurant staff I have ever met. They were so helpful in accommodating my dietary requirements of no wheat and didn't make me feel uncomfortable in the slightest. Their manner and approach made it feel like they were friends helping you out and making you welcome. I honestly cannot wait to return very soon!
They also have private rooms to hire for free which hold parties of 12 or for families to use. They include a courtyard where kids can roam safely or where adults can pop out to smoke. Upstairs on Friday and Saturday nights there is an awesome cocktail bar, look forward to checking this out next time!

• Visited January 2013