“Don't bother!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Don't bother!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Overall we walked out feeling quite disappointed. After ordering a mixture of dishes, 2 of them soups, one arrived in less than a minute whilst the other arrived with the main dishes. At £8.50 for main dishes you expect a certain standard, however the chicken was chewy and cheap.

All this leads to the most frustrating part of our ordeal, I'm all for helping the less fortunate but I would like to be asked to contribute, not forced and I was shocked to learn after I had paid that a £1 donation had been added to my bill without asking me or giving me any warning that this would occur.

Overall a thoroughly disappointing restaurant, I think I'll stick to Oki Nami!

“Fantastic Dim Sum”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

When you go here, order loads of small things and you will have a taste sensation! Great food, good cocktails (we got 2 for 1 before 7:30 on a Thursday night) and overall a fantastic night out!

1 Thank Brianthecow
Brighton, UK
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent food, Excellent Service! This is a hidden gem in Brighton, I was recommend by a friend and glad i went! There are a couple of bad reviews here which I can't understand, I didn't think it was over priced in fact it was good value for the quality of the food.

It is a open seating restaurant, unless you book a private room for over 8. It is young hip fun place to go and very social dinning, enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank RichardB100
Brighton
“Terribly noisy, but food was good”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friend and I were seated near a group of trendy Brightonians and their very badly behaved kids. These children hardly stopped crying and screaming and we were almost deafened, as there is nothing to soak up the racket - the bare walls and floor mean there is nothing to reduce the noise levels. At last these awful people left and we could begin to enjoy our lunch. The food was really brilliant, and the different flavours and textures were highly satisfying. We weren't hurried along, and so could really relax and enjoy every morsel. The staff are helpful and welcoming, and explain the menu very well. It was quite expensive, but good.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Went for my birthday with 18 friends so we had one of the private rooms. Our waiter was spectacularly good. Instead of ordering separately, we have a budget per head and they brought out a selection of specialities - I highly recommend this as it meant a sociable meal & trying things we might not necessarily have ordered.