“Perfect”

Charles Street Bar
Ranked #558 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had a lovely dinner and few drinks here yesterday. Couldn't have liked it more. Staff were very helpful, food was delicious. Well worth a visit :)

• Visited October 2013

Reading, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, cheap drinks and nice interior”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had dinner here both days of our 2 trip to Brighton - lovely food with deals on the menu. 1/3 off drinks 5-9pm Mon-Fri (5-8pm thurs) which was very nice too! One bar girl overcharged me though (£4.50 for a Rekorderlig which I had previously been buying for £3 - 1/3 off...) and wouldn't refund me or even admit to it. Not impressed with that... but let it slide given the overwhelming positives overall. Really cool, funky interior - lovely seating - very relaxing and has an outside area. Drag queen present was funny and cake served at midnight on Thursdays as part of its Mad Cow night...???? Recommended!!!

NOTE THIS IS A GAY BAR!!!! I swear I was actually the only straight person in there... with my gay best friend!

Visited August 2013
“A place for a quite drink for the daytime with nice food.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff very helpful and explained all the good deals and what happens during the evenings. I returned a couple of times during the week. Even would return during the day for a meeting.

• Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice terrace - food a bit hit n miss”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a great location on a hot sunny day. The terrace outside is a sun trap and it can get busy, with great views out to sea and towards the pier and prom.

Food wise, it is pretty basic and you can never be sure if the kitchen is open many times we have been there and kitchen is closed or closes early.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Unprofessional and incompetent”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I came to Charles Street with some mates and ordered 4 double gin and tonics. After tasting the drinks my friends and I realised that there was no gin in our drinks. We told our bartender about this who seemed uninterested and simply annoyed that it had happened (even though he was the one who had made them) which I thought was quite rude. Later on we saw one of the managers come on to the bar a sack a bartender infront of us, which was very unprofessional.

• Visited August 2013