“Birthday meal by the Marina”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #839 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salisbury-Wilts
“Birthday meal by the Marina”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were very impressed with the location and the fact we didn't have to pay to park. We were able to have a table outside and were served promptly despite the restaurant being quite busy with two big parties. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The starters were huge and all the food was well cooked and very tasty. At one point they ran out of glasses but were very quick to apologise and check that everything was ok. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and we enjoyed all three courses that we had. We will definately return and allow more time to explore the marina next time

• Visited September 2013

“avoid it”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

wings were burnt and re heated in the microwave, the burger was tough and tasteless.

the staff were pleasant but slow.

• Visited September 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Customer Service non existent...food very average..”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We took a party of around 16 of us to F&B at Brighton Marina at the beginning of the summer holidays for lunch. The surroundings and food are obviously not where adults would choose to go but we had children with us and as we also had voucher codes for free kids meals when you purchase adult main course we decided to brave it!! we were seated and all ordered a drink, and were given menus from which all the adults (apart from one) ordered a main meal. the kids ordered kids meals. The food was ok, nothing more or less than I would expect from this type of restaurant. We got the bill and showed our voucher codes but told we had not ordered our main meals from the right menu!! we had actually ordered from the menu we had been given!! The "main" menu wasn't given to us, also I didn't realise there was more than one menu!!! The voucher codes had to be used before 5pm but it seems to be able to use them you have to order from the "main"menu which is only given out in the evening!!
We felt rather cheated, but paid up, and than evening I reported my feeling to the F&B customer complaints section on their website. That was 5 weeks ago, I didn't receive so much as an email receipt until yesterday when i was sent a letter from the area manager saying he was sorry we felt cheated but basically nothing would change!
I actually feel we would have had a better meal in one of the fast food restaurants at the Marina that day....and the "customer service" (I use the term very loosely) would have probably been miles better!!
As you can probably guess we won't be returning....and it was just one family they upset that day as there were 6 families in our party!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kate3boys
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very Slow Service”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A few of us went to this restaurant as it was recommended to us but unfortunately we were very dissapointed it took ages for drinks to come a few things on the menu werent available and when it came to dessert we were told they hadnt defrosted the tirramissu considering its an italian restaurant we were shocked by it we never left a tip because of poor service and considering how much it cost we would seriously think twice about eating there again

Visited July 2013
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“I want a refund! Absolutely appaling service and filthy surroundings”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

After visiting your birmingham branch quite a few times ive always been pleased with the service i recieved and the resturaunt in general. Therefore when looking for somewhere to go for an anniversary meal we chose your brighton branch.
I can honestly say I have never been so disgusted by poor service lack of hygeine and non value for money. When seated we were askes if we wanted drinks and all was fine. We chose our food and everything seemed well. I then chose to visit the toilet. Tge state of them was absolutely diagusting. The toilet was brown, the whole bottom of the toilet which hadnt been cleaned in god knows how long. It actually made me feel physically sick. Then our garlic bread came which had hardly any butter on and was more like flat bread. Our meals were poor. My partner had ribs which hard shards throughout the whole rack. You expect some bones but this was like eating roadkill. I was put off my meal by this point so cant really comment. Anyway if our night hadnt already been ruined, the best is to come. We asked for the bill and put or money on the table. A lady proceeded to snatch the money and walk away (rude!). This is the best bit. I waited ten minuets for my change and then asked the manager where it was. She went to find out and told me the waiter had pocketed it. She wasnt bothered by this!! Needless to say they didnt get a tip. Wont let this go either!

• Visited August 2013