“A lovely treat!”

Ranked #43 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
“A lovely treat!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I visited with a friend on a Saturday evening. Our table was upstairs which I think was better as the downstairs restaurant seemed very busy and rather noisy. I had the crab mayonnaise starter which was delicious. My friend had the mushrooms in puff pastry which she said could have had more mushrooms. I had the duck breast with potato gratin and cherry jus which was lovely. My friend had the seabass which she said was very nice. We fitted in a dessert too and they were both nice. Several of the main courses do not come with potato so you would need to buy a side dish. There is a good choice of dishes on the menu and I would definitely go back.
It is quite pricey and they add 12.5% service to the bill which I do not agree with. I would try the set menu next time as this would significantly reduce the cost.

1 Thank Crazyfrog0

“so French!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Living in Brighton we have been to Cote Brasserie in Brighton and also in Kensington several times for breakfast,lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed as the quality of food and the service are consistent. The menu is interesting and varied, the food is delicious, the portions are generous and the special lunchtime menu extremely good value. Good choice of wines, reasonably priced. The atmosphere reminds you of a typical brasserie in France and beeing French we like to meet up at Cote between "expats". The staff is friendly and professional. There is a pleasant garden area to enjoy lunch in the sunshine (on a lucky day).

• Visited January 2014
“Great pre-show venue”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have visited Cote several times before a show at one of the Brighton venues, and definitely consider this restaurant to "do exactly what it says".
Great vibe, super tasty food, and prompt service when they know you are they pre-show.
We will return for sure!

• Visited September 2013
“Lacklustre food, waiter inexperienced”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The worst steak tartare I have EVER had. Whole capers and tomato ketchup, beef processed not chopped etc Waiter had to be chivvied for everything, brought my cheese but failed to bring a knife, unable to recommend a wine pairing and reluctant to find one, inattentive wine service, no attention to detail aperitif arrived same time as starter.

Brighton
“Stylish but reasonably priced”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I dined here recently with work colleagues and we could only get a table at 5:30 or 9:15 on a Friday night,so it shows how popular this restaurant is. It's a beautifully designed restaurant with a very Parisian feel. The waiters were extremely friendly and attentive. Some of us for the 3 courses for £11.95 which is before 7pm and great value. However I was disappointed with the pear and endive salad as a starter as it was quite bland,loved the risotto but envied my friends chocolate sweet! All on all very good value and as someone retorted 'this is just the place to bring a first date', however now I've rediscovered it I'll be back. I especially like the ambient lighting,well done Cote.