“Love it. ”

Ranked #117 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Lunch time visit no reservation. We were very lucky to get a table, the place was packed. And I know why. Great lunchtime set menu, 2 courses for £10. The food and service here is the best value ever. The steak Tartare is a must, if you like that sort of think and the Creme Brûlé was the best I've ever had.
See you again very soon.

1  Thank BTNsi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We've been going here on and off for a few years. The minute stake always comes with a side of garlic butter. This time it didn't. When we questioned the waiter he said it never does and insisted he was right, despite our experience. To add insult to injury, the stake was chewy and tasted like it had been sat in the kitchen for a while. Not good and rather insulting.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My work booked a table last night at Cote, there were about 13 of us, we all preordered from the xmas menu and it was awesome! Food was amazing, wine was amazing and we were lucky enough to get the best waiter ever, he was professional and efficient the whole night and I hope his boss appreciates having staff like this on board as he is an asset to the business. We will definately be booking in for our next work dinner here and im sure I will be there with my partner well before next December to enjoy another fab French dinner.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went out for dinner and drinks with my partner, as we both work so hard so a treat is good for the sole, we were greeted with a warm smile on entering, and the lovely young lady offered us a choice os seating, we both sat on the left near the window as you enter, it was fairly busy, but with a lovely warn happy atmosphere, we both decided on the excellent 3 course set menu, and WOW we were not dissapointed at all?, I started with the Bruisch topped with mushrooms in a dreamy light cream and white wine, and my partner had the delicious salad with a fresh egg, they both were truly delicious, we chose the yummy Sauvignon blanc, 1 place, god it was so silky and smooth, this followed by my delightful fish and my partner had a amazing chicken dish, we also shared 2 vegetable dishes and again simply beautiful in so many ways, as we were sitting we love to people watch and every person was saying how wonderful the food was, the customer service from our lovely waiter was just charming, he was very attentive, and very good at his job, we also had warm bread and butter and chilli olives to share, whilst waiting for our starters, My partner had the creme caramel, I just could not eat a dessert, I was a very happy chappie, Overall we both argeed that this Restaurant simply has to receive an award to excellence in service, food, and brilliant staff who you can see enjoy there jobs and are so very good at what they do in every way, this is our 3rd time eating hear and it will not be our last, its an elegant Building inside and out.

3  Thank Barry S
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have visited this restaurant a number of times and have enjoyed good food and service every time. We have now moved in to the North Laine area of Brighton and are happy to so near to here.
The food is consistently good and the service good. the early evening offers are great.