“Lovely meal”

Ranked #47 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went with my parents and uncle whilst we were in brighton for my graduation, we had booked a table in advance as we thought it would be pretty busy. When we arrived the restaurant was nearly full, but I see that as a good sign as it must be nice if there are lots of people! Even though it was busy we were served in good time. I had tuna steak, one of my favourites and I was not disappointed. Also ordered we're the fishcakes and seafood linguine, which equally looked as amazing, and went down really well. Definitely would recommend this restaurant and would go back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It was a double birthday celebration, that took us to Cote on a gorgeously sunny sunday lunchtime, a group of 10 is always hard to look after but the staff were fantastic and accomodated as requested on the spacious patio at the back of the restaurant. The wine flowed, the food was excellent and all had a great time. I have always enjoyed eating at Cote as it has a very good and varied menu. Welll done to all of the team looking after us, I can highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our friends took us to Cote Brasserie on Tuesday while we were spending a few days in Sussex and the experience here was absolutely brilliant. We arrived earlier than our booking but despite being busy we were accommodated and seated in the window as requested. The service was very professional and our orders were taken and the food delivered to our table in an appropriate time. We had a three course meal with wine and everything was delicious. My creme caramel was to die for and for anyone who likes this it is a must. You really must try this restaurant; you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the food & drink here. Sunday morning, fair few diners also enjoying a leisurely breakfast.
I had Eggs Royale:Smoked salmon and poached egg on a toasted muffin with homemade
Hollandaise sauce & it was delicious, I could've eaten it all over again, despite ordering the large, it was just so good & at £8.15 I thought that was very reasonable, a regular would've been £5.15. My Dad had Eggs Benedict:Ham and poached egg on a toasted muffin with homemade Hollandaise sauce £7.50 large, a regular would've been £4.45, and he was equally pleased. We shared a Cafetiere between us, good strong coffee £2.75.
Staff were attentive, friendly and polite.
Would definitely come here again. Highly recommend.

1  Thank JSR8
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Cool, clean restaurant on a hot evening in a tired, very dirty town. Food, wine and service spot on, lovely ambiance. We would have gone back but we left town forfeiting the cost of our accomodation because brighton was so dirty.

1  Thank Tutin