“Great food and service”

Ranked #49 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I visited Brighton 3 days ago and I went to cote restaurant 3 times since the food and the service was excellent. BTW the young French man Ben who served us was truly amazing!
I strongly recommend a visit in this restaurant during your stay in Brighton.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visited this restaurant for pre-theatre dinner. It was a Monday evening and as the restaurant is oopposite The Brighton Dome Theatre it was full to capacity. You definitely need to book in advance for this restaurant. Chose the 3 course early evening menu which was excellent. Food well presented and served hot. Staff are extremely friendly and attentive. I have been to a number of this chains restaurants and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently visited Brighton with friends and we met up with more people in this restaurant.

The place is lovely, the staff are just brilliant too.
None of us had starters we all went mains and dessert. I had steak, fillet, with was cooked perfectly with a chips and I ordered green beans. All of which were delish...

I had a cheese board - again a lovely selection of cheese, I would have preferred a few more strong stilton kind of cheese but it was really nice.

Will go back !

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We dashed in here today mainly because it was convenient to escape the pouring rain, and unseasonably cold weather. It's directly opposite the Brighton Pavilion in the centre of Brighton. The restaurant is quite big, just like a Parisian brasserie, with high ceilings and sofa benches. Not a vast menu, but a good selection of typically french food and it was all very good. The prices are good, especially the special and set menus. Every table was full, so it was quite noisy but we were allowed to linger which we really appreciated, given the revolting weather outside. The loos are downstairs, I am not sure what you do if you are unable to get down there- maybe there is step free adapted loo somewhere else, I did notice they have a ramp at the entrance for wheelchairs. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable experience on a day when Brighton generally was not at its best!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm so pleased that Cote has moved to Brighton, after being here a few times now we've been unable to fault it. Excellent food at a very reasonable price.

The service here has always been great and some staff have really gone that extra mile (even to making an Irish coffee on St. Patrick's day that wasn't on the menu!)

We're in no doubt we'll be back here again, if not just for the moules mariniere alone!

They have a great menu which is complimented by a good selection of wines and a really nice atmosphere even when its busy (which seems to be most days)!

All in all, highly recommended