“Best breakfast in Brighton!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Lix Cafe
Cuisines: British
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast in Brighton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great food and portions. Especially like the poached eggs with the hollandaise sauce.
All freshly cooked to order.
Had to write this review after reading the pretentious load of nonsense written below.....

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lurch40

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast in Brighton, no make that the whole of the UK.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

There are greasy spoons and there are places that serve thick, hot buttered toast. Perfectly poached eggs. A vegetarian selection that even meat eaters won't feel hard done by.

Delicious and assuming. This petit cafe perched on the edge of the level is my personal favourite place for breakfast anywhere in England (and Scotland and Wales for that matter).

Part of me wants to keep it a secret so that the table by the window where you can watch the runners loop the park while tucking into a bubble and squeak will always be free.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank MissScarllett
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Close, but no cigar.........”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

After seeing the review of this cafe, and its comparison to other local cafes, I thought I ought to give it a try, as it is closer to where I live.

Appearance-wise I really thought it was a takeaway sandwich bar as opposed to a cafe, and looking at the menu I was equally confused, as the selection seemed more geared to takeaway items. There is outside seating, but it does overlook three lanes of traffic and The Level, not exactly quiet, but at least it could be somewhere to eat quickly......

But as I fancied a breakfast I ordered the one on offer, which appeared very good value..... But, if I am honest, I have had better for similar money. The only highlight of the breakfast was the toasted crusty bread which, curiously arrived already buttered (or margerined) I couldn't tell, but I wasn't asked....

In my mind this bread is from the sandwich menu and would make the sandwiches fantastic - bit not really a cafe, mind you, the size of the premises doesn't lend itself to much else, only having about 8 tables.

If this cafe is being sold as a sandwich bar, I think I would be able to rate it a bit higher, but as a cafe is close to me, I would still travel further afield to get a menu offering a wider choice with better quality.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Adam_Sharpe
Boston, Massachusetts
“Why is he closed on Sundays?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

LIX (it's at number 59! Get it?) is absolutely the best place anywhere near London Road for breakfast- EVERYWHERE else in the area is greasy-spoon yucky with nasty ingredients. This small, plain little place really should be packed - if only it were open both weekend days we'd go twice as often! The bread is delicious, the sausages and bacon absolutely gorgeous, and the price is excellent for the quality. Our only advice: Paint some black/dark lines around the LIX sign, which is faded and hard to see from a distance, and OPEN ON SUNDAYS!

• Visited May 2012