The Brighton Hotel
Malmaison Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$145
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$137
$85
Blanch House(Brighton)
$122
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$75
$156
$150
Travelocity
1,390 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontwest pierpleasant stayone night staytown centretea and coffeebandstandseafrontseaside
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Right on the sea front, excellent location. Lovely breakfast great service. No eveing meals but there are a multitude of restaurants close by.
Had a sea view room, very small and I had a deluxe room. Window very small.
Shower sounded like it was going to blow up, then I heard next doors and realized they were all the same.
Parking was chargeable, which really bumped the price up. There is a car park a fee minute around the corner, don't know what they charge.

Would I stay again,,, Yes

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Iain L, General Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the location great. The hotel is a AA metro hotel which is limited food service due to the amount of restaurants close to the hotel. It was good to read you enjoyed the breakfast and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Booked in to stay here whilst in Brighton to see Mickey Flanagan at the Brighton Centre.

Located on the Kings Road facing the sea, a short walk away freom the Brighton centre.

Check in was quick and fuss free. There were notices in the lift, and also in our room advising that there was a wedding on and that although there would be music playing, this would stop at midnight.

Room was small but clean. Bathroom was also small, but was fine as we were only staying one night.

When we got back the wedding was still on, but it didn't strike me as particularly loud. Once we were in our room on the second floor we couldn't hear it at all.

We didn't stay for breakfast so cannot comment on this.

All in all an excellent location and good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review of the hotel. I was please you found the location good for the Brighton Centre and value for money. Hopefully you will return when you require accommodation in the Brighton area.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The rooms are tiny... I have actually stayed in a jail cell that was bigger (Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki... Also a Best Western). We could barely walk around the "double" bed. The bathroom was in need of a revamp. The staff were helpful and friendly, no complaints there.

The parking situation is terrible, about 10 spaces at the hotel or you have to park up the road both for a large sum of money.

I have never had much luck with hotels in Brighton... Parking is always extortionate, rooms always tiny and noisy. Unfortunately this hotel just added to my 'don't stay here again' list.

I am a usually a fan of Best Westerns, but this one puts a huge X against their reputation in my book.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lianne26

Thank you for your review and I apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. The size of rooms and bathroom is unfortunately the way the hotel was converted many years ago and parts of the building are listed. Parking is a premium in Brighton and the 11 spaces in front of the hotel are on a first come first serve basis. I am sorry that you feel you would not stay in the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel located on the sea front. 10-15 min walk from the city centre. Location excellent. Hotel staff very friendly excellent service. Restaurant with the sea view. Breakfast was good. Rooms small very in need of updating interior. Thought still can do even if building grade 2 listed. Floors are noisy when walking. But rooms quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review and I was pleased that you found the location, friendly staff and breakfast all good during your stay. Your comments about updating the interior has been taken on board and is reviewed annually when we decide how to spend the capital expenditure budget.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just want to mention the excellent service we got from The Best Western Hotel, 143-145 Kings Road, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 2PQ Tel 01273 820555.

Last Friday morning around 0130 am we needed a hotel due to a relative being admitted in an emergency to Royal County Hospital A&E.

I rang around very late trying to get a room for myself and my wife.

The night porter, Isaac, quoted us a very reasonable price of approx £59 for a basic double room incl breakfast. He thoughtfully provided toothbrushes and toothpaste as we had left our house in a rush with nothing. The room was not luxurious but perfectly clean and functional, towels and shower gel provided in the efficient shower.The breakfast in the morning served hot and promptly by waiter service. Not a luke warm buffet but a hot freshly cooked breakfast. Excellent helpful customer service and a good breakfast at a budget price.

The staff at the hospital were amazed at the value for money at a Seafront Hotel. Many took details for their visiting relatives.

Room Tip: This is a warren of a hotel, we stayed in an economy room on the lower ground. I noticed the rack rate was from £59 up to £220. I guess if you wanted a bit more luxury.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I was pleased to read about the excellent customer service you received when you recently stayed at the hotel. You obviously took advantage of our breakfast offer which is discounted if you book in advance. I hope your relative is now fully recovered and if visiting Brighton in the future you will stay at the hotel again.