“Meaty Treat!”

Touro Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #618 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Touro and get ready for an unforgettable dining experience based on our passion for delivering outstanding, traditional Brazilian cuisine. We pride ourselves on being able to offer over twenty varieties of traditionally prepared meat from our Rodizio, complimented by our freshly produced gourmet salads , selected hot dishes and charcuterie, balanced with our wine list and drinks menu that has been carefully selected to compliment the food we offer. Touro is the enhancement of a unique concept, strongly focused on an authentic Brazilian culinary tradition and hospitality
Taunton, England
“Meaty Treat!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place is great if you like meat, which luckily for me, I do!

A group of 12 girls from Somerset, descended on Brighton, for a hen do. Friday night we had Spanish (Ole Ole) and after an afternoon of shopping in the Lanes on Saturday, we happened to stroll past Preto, and knew straight away we wanted to try this place out. Luckily we were able to reserve a table, so returned to our Hotel (The old ship) got changed into our finery (complete with moustaches - for Movember) and headed on down.

The food is quite expensive, but we were on a lavish weekend, so didn't mind - how often do you get the chance for a weekend away with the girls, minus kids? Plus, it was oh so worth it, absolutely delish!

There's a extensive salad bar to choose from, plus a hot food bar, which included battered banana - believe me, is much nicer than it sounds. Then you've got the MEAT, every type you wish for, simply bbq'd. The food is really, really good, so good, guy on the table opposite, literally ate nothing but meat, and you could really see the enjoying on his face!

Great for couples on a night out or a large group of mates, if you want a meaty treat, this place is for you!

1 Thank Kerry C

Brighton
“overpriced canteen”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Both I and my wife were disappointed as there is nothing in the restaurant that makes you think of brazil. The place has cold interior and unhelpful staff. Food is very overpriced and not tasty. We went for Grill option and every time someone came over with meat made me feel as if he was doing me a favour. We sat next to the grill zone and I saw a man pick up a piece of meat off the floor and put back on a grill.

I have no idea why anyone would want to go back there. It is a no no for me.

“Nice”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Its quite pricey, but for the food quality and all you can eat its fair enough, The meat was really tasty and it inst just left out so it doesnt go dry. If you like steak and different meats and can eat alot this is defiantely a good place to go!! Top quality for an all you can eat place.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank N1foodreviewer
“Not for Vegetarians”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went last night with family and friends, I was the only vegetarian in the group, these days it is not a problem as all restaurants seem to cater for vegetarians – not this one.

I read previous comments made that the food on the buffet is not labelled so was expecting this, the staff said this was because there is always a member of staff to tell you what everything was, unfortunately there was no one there most of the time. The only real vegetarian food was a selection of salad (not much taste and do not have the potatoes as they have chicken stock on them), rice and bread, I had to pay £15 for this poor offering as the staff said they do not make any concessions for vegetarians.

The worst part though was the meat brought to the table on small swords/large skewers, which was carved onto the plates at the table, most of it was so rare the blood was splattering everywhere. Not provided with a shield to prevent the blood spraying across my plate I had to cover my food with a napkin every time. As a whole the group found the restaurant over priced and with poor service, the acoustics were not great as it is like a large hall so we could not hear each other very well.

“DISAPPOINTED”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

First visit to Preto,restaurant and most probably the last . Service was what you would expect it to be , but vastly overpriced and the buffet selection poor . Bowls full of stuff you had no idea what it was except the obvious like potatoes on the hot bar , when asked why they did not have labels informing you what it was , I was told the menu changes on a regular basis . In most buffet restaurants they have a slot on top of the glass cover telling you what the food is , when the menu is changed the card would be removed from the slot and the new information card inserted . now if you wanted dessert with you dinner you had to pay extra , all this pushed the price up , added to the cost of the overpriced drinks came to over £ 100 for the 4 of is expensive.

• Visited October 2012