“Amazing marathon weekend stay”
Review of Limehouse

Limehouse
Ranked #29 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the lime house as I was running the marathon and couldn't of asked for a better place to stay. We stayed in room two which has no views but is the biggest room in the house. The room was very clean, modern with a fanatic powerful shower and really comfy bed. Really nice staff who made me a breakfast bag for the morning of the marathon. They even made a bit of a competition for the marathon runners who were staying with the fastest time getting a bottle of wine and the slowest time getting a bottle of champaign. Overall a fantastic stay And will be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014
limehousebrighton, Owner at Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay and do return next year to try and win the wine/champagne!

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I had to book the Lime House last minute (ish) due to a change in personal circumstances for the marathon. This was an expensive room for me and there is no breakfast included so I arrived with low expectations. I was so wrong!! It was gorgeous and just felt so lovely and homely and clean. We were in room 4 and we kept referring to it as home we loved it so much. It was light and airy and clean but also really warm and the shower was really good.
Jay was lovely and looked after us well and I really felt like I 100% got my money's worth. I will definatley be staying at Lime House again on my next trip to Brighton

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
limehousebrighton, Owner at Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and in particular the room. On a late sunny afternoon, it is a greta view out of the window across the square and down to the sea.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were delighted to stay at LimeHouse. This funky accommodation, in one of Brighton's famous regency townhouses, is clean, smart and delightfully bright. We were fortunate to have booked room eight; this vast west-facing room at the top of the building has views of the sea and Brighton's iconic pier to the south, and peeking over the rooftops beyond is the Brighton Wheel. Outside is New Steine park, a peaceful grassy space with an iconic sculpture. The main town, The Lanes - and, of course the fabulous Pavilion - are a few minutes stroll away.

Although LimeHouse doesn't provide breakfast you'll be spoilt for choice of places to eat. We were only visiting for a couple of days: on day one we had a delightful cooked breakfast at Farm Cafe (which was recommended to us by a local chap we met at The Dome). On the second day we had a decent fry-up at Bella in nearby St James Street. We'd also recommend The Coal Shed, Plateau, Wagamama, Cafe CoHo and well, countless others!

Our room at LimeHouse was spacious and comfortable with decent bathroom facilities, a HUGE bed and wonderful views. When the sun finally shone, it poured through the rooms' windows, bouncing off the acid-lime walls. The proprietor (Jay) was extremely friendly and accommodating - he even kept our bags for us as we went exploring the museum on our final day (by the way, the museum is free!). Limehouse is highly recommended.

Room Tip: We loved room eight - it has a sea view, a sunny aspect and plenty of room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HMTheCat

Thank you for such a lovely review and I am delighted you got what LimeHouse is all about. You certainly found some of the best cafes and restaurants. I would also mention we have an arrangement with a local cafe that does special breakfast rates for LimeHouse guests and will also deliver a continental breakfast to the room.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Limehouse overlooks a communal garden with the sea a mere minute away. The Limehouse is in an ideal location, close to the centre of town, the sea, restaurants, shopping etc. The decor of the hotel is clean and crisp and space is used very effectively. There is no reception so it is a little bit of a DIY hotel but if you are looking for somewhere reasonably priced, clean, modern and in the perfect location then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was lucky enough to come down to Brighton on a rare weekend when the sun shined. I opened the door to room 8, and was enveloped by the sunlight shining through the bay windows, and from there I had a fantastic view of the square gardens and sea.

I loved the large airy room, with all it's gorgeous touches. The bed was huge and comfy, and although the room was cold on occasion (because of all the lovely big windows!), the duvet and additional blanket made it very cosy.

I had a very peaceful stay and actually wanted to spend much more time in my room than I normally do when I'm in Brighton!

Will definitely stay here again, as it was superb value for money for such a large stylish room. Thank you Limehouse!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed for two nights in Lime House but wanted to stay for longer! Brighton is a lovely place to visit and the stay in this lovely small hotel added to the experience.
Our room was on the top floor which was a couple of flights of stairs. The main thing that stood out to me was that the room was very clean. The decor is minimal and fresh but the room still had character, and the room was complete with tea/coffee, television iron, hair dryer and extra rug which were all worked fine and tidy.
For two people with a small case each there was plenty of room and the en suite was not very big, yet suitable and yet again VERY CLEAN! The shower was warm and towels fresh. When we returned to find the room had been cleaned it was to a very high standard again.
Baring in mind it's not the most expensive place to stay, for the money you pay you get excellent value. The host was very friendly and happy to help with the questions we had about the local area. Communication was great too after booking the hotel.

Only a few minutes walk from the pier which suited us fine. It was so lovely to wake up in a comfortable warm bed with the faint sound of the sea and in a nice, bright room.

If you want somewhere comfortable with some character and just want a lovely simple room, book in with Limehouse

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at Limehouse for the second time this weekend. This time I booked a luxury double rather than a standard double. The main difference being a bigger room and king size bed which was extremely comfy! The B&B remains clean and well kept with the bright lime and white looking like they have just been painted. As always Jay was very helpful, the last time I stayed I was worried I would be checking in late so the key was left at their sister hotel across the square, and this time I asked to check in a little early! - next time I promise I'll just check in at the normal time.....! My other half stayed with me this time and was impressed with the room and location. The pier is literally down the road to the right and the lanes are just a 10minute walk away. We liked the room only prion as it gave us the freedom to get up when we wanted rather than getting up for breakfast at a certain time, plus it was nice to make the most of Brightons cafés :) This B&B will certainly remain on my list of places that I would go back to time and time again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple