“Eat Guacamole!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast Cafe
“Eat Guacamole!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Brighton and Hove for the weekend for an adventure. We arrived at about 11 starving and needing food. We stumbled across this cafe and to my suprise it was super!!
I am an avid avo on toast for breakfast type of gal and my favorite cafe food in my home of Sydney Australia is the avacado smash. I have yet to find an English cafe that actually serves avacado for breakfast.
Anyway... I ordered the guacamole with toasted ciabatta and salad and olives for brunch and it was AMAZING!! A brunching avacado lovers delight!! The flavours, textures and absolute joy of stumbling across this cafe and the delights inside its menu made me one Happy Avo!
The BF had the big breakfast and he was equally impressed with the deliciousness of the food served.
Price great, location great, service great, food super!!

• Visited April 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great place for brunch”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I really like coming to this cafe for brunch. The eggs Benedict and the eggy bread are really good. I like the decor of this place, only issue is the base of the tables are too big so hard to get your feet under.

Confolens, France
“A little jaded”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have eaten here many times before but recently had breakfast here which was okay tasting, good portions, and good value but the interior looked jaded and dirty. The floors especially the corners and table and seating plinths looked dirty and scruffy, making me feel uncomfortable and wondering about the hygiene of the kitchen. The kitchen staff had long hair, but no hats?

Visited January 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Brighton surprise”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I tend to think of Brighton as a mini London with all of the bad things that implies and not so many of the good.
My wife managed to get me to drive her there for Christmas shopping on the promise of breakfast at a "lovely little cafe".
Suffice to say I didn't regret the trip. Inside Out is delightfully quirky and arty, full of antique dealers when we arrived, always a good sign. It's a little tired maybe but that just adds to the charm. The "loo with a view" is hilarious!
I've saved the best 'till last though. I had eggs Benedict to die for and my wife was equally delighted by her posh bubble and squeak. Sure there could have been a bit more of it and almost £7 is a lot for breakfast but I don't regret a penny of it and I will be back!

• Visited December 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“All that glitters isn't gold”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Probably falls somewhere between very good and average if this was an option for this. From the exterior it looks like a hidden gem in the North Laine but I've eaten there a few times when I lived near by and never been overly impressed. Service can be kind of slow on weekends and not always that personal. Prices are reasonable for the area. Decor is kind of interesting but could do with a revamp, not a great sign when the toilet is the best part of a cafe! Main courses are fresh and cooked well but small portions and certainly nothing to write home about. The best part of the menu in my opinion are the cakes and stopping for a slice and a cuppa whilst people watching on the terrace is probably your best bet.

• Visited December 2011