“Busy Saturday in the sun”
Review of Dos Sombreros

Dos Sombreros
Ranked #41 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brighton's best Mexican restaurant serving up sizzling fajitas and margaritas all year round! Day of the Dead cocktail bar above restaurant!
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Spent quite a while wandering around Brighton to find a place for lunch that appealed to two omnivores, a vegetarian and a semi vegetarian. Dos Sombreros menu was varied enough to cater for all. Chicken Fajitas for two with a side of Buffalo wings for one side of the table. Goats cheese tostadas, vegetarian burrito and black bean enchilada for the other. Three pints of Budweiser and a bottle of Sol helped things along. It was agreed by all that the food was really enjoyable and the service was attentive without being intrusive. For dessert an ice cream sundae was shared alongside cheese cake and chilli chocolate brownie. The latter weighed in at £5.50 each so they weren't cheap. That said they were a decent size and our guests enjoyed it.
So lunch with drinks and tip came to a little under £100. I really liked this place and would be eager to come back for an evening.

There are newer reviews for Dos Sombreros

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We arrived about 3pm and had the place to ourselves. We shared nachos to start with, which were very good, and then chicken fajitas which were also tasty. The only reason that it's not a 5/5 is that I felt the staff were a bit inattentive and aloof, but this might be personal preference, and others might prefer it that way.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We came across this restaurant and very lucky that we got the last table, lots of people came in after us and had to be turned away so I would recommend booking a table.

The cocktails were excellent, the service great and the food brilliant, this was probably the best Mexican restaurant we have been to. It is a little gem of a place that we would highly recommend. You weren't made to feel rushed and we were able to enjoy a relaxing and lovely meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I booked this restaurant for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary. I was a little anxious about whether it would live up to the good reviews. I was even more nervous when I saw the outside of the building which lacked any real charm. Inside, my fears were compounded by an almost empty restaurant (although I should have realised it would be this way what with it being a Monday night).

Thankfully, my fears were soon put to bed with a couple of delightful cocktails (try the Brighton one) and a starter of 'Firecracker Prawns'. The waiter and waitress were attentive and chatty and before we knew it we had chicken fajitas and duck for 1 in front of us. The food was well cooked and tasty and there was so much of it we had a 'doggy bag' to take it away with us. We were so full we couldn't even manage a dessert !

All in all, this is a real gem of a place with excellent food and service. We will go back on a weekend when it is a little more lively and the cocktail bar upstairs is open !

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Lovely place staff great. Had rip eye steak and it was one off the best steaks i have had. brothers had chilly con carne, other one had chinken fahita on a red hot sizzling skillet. All meals where top draw would go back for meal in here every time am in brighton;)