“Yum Yum”

Dos Sombreros
Ranked #45 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brighton's best Mexican restaurant serving up sizzling fajitas and margaritas all year round! Day of the Dead cocktail bar above restaurant!
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went here for my friends birthday and was really impressed. There was quite a big group of us (about 7 adults and 8 kids?) so we were upstairs which was perfect as the kids had the space to play without disrupting anyone else. The service easily coped with a large group of kids and adults. The menu was brilliant. The kids menus was done very well, small portions and looked very tasty (as confirmed by a couple of parents). However, the adults was of course what I enjoyed more - they had gluten free enchiladas! The service was also immediately aware of what coeliac meant and explained what I could have. Incredibly tasty, serviced quickly and the best sangria I have ever had. The only improvement that could be made would be a few more gluten free options. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We visited at 9pm on a Sat night, on the off chance they might have a table - glad they did! We were fitted in upstairs where the atmosphere was lively and cheerful and warm. A lovely waitress served us (from Spain) and was attentive and very friendly throughout the evening. The food was excellent, and we didn't wait long even though the restaurant was busy - shared starters of nachos, mixed platter and prawns were all delicious. Main courses were all very tasty and good sized portions. We will definately return ...we ate in Las Iguanas (another nearby Mexican) two weeks previously and this was better food, better value and a more friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

As a Californian living in England, I miss good Mexican food (I love it all: Tex-Mex, Californian-Mexican, authentic Mexican) and have found it difficult to find good Mexican food here. I am so pleased to have finally found a good Mexican restaurant! The food was fantastic. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The Sangria was lovely. We were a group of 16 including kids - the upstairs room was perfect for our little party. I would definitely recommend this place - whatever the size of your party .

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Mexican is my thing, and the restaurant has it all! The food is outstandingly authentic and totally delicious, as real Mexican food should be! The service was exceptional, warm, friendly, fast and knowledgeable. Can't fault the place. About time Brighton had an authentic and brilliant Mexican establishment

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We chose this restaurant after looking through trip advisor and found that it was less than a five minute walk from where we were staying at the Premier Inn.

We booked a table for the Saturday evening and they were happy to accommodate us potentially with a pushchair if our daughter was tired.

We arrived and it was a good job we had booked as they were full, which I was surprised at being as it was only 5.30. Although we were the only customers to have any children with us it was not a problem for them and they provided a plastic cup for her drink and spare plates for her to share our dinner.

We ordered the rib eye steak and the chicken fajitas. My husband said it was the best steak he had had in a restaurant (although slightly more well done than he'd ordered). The fajitas were a huge portion, almost enough for 2 and really nice, far far better than you would get in a chain restaurant.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant, the location good, food good and friendly, attentive staff, all at a very reasonable price.