“Fascinating place, delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bohemia

Bohemia
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohemia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 1,112 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Grand Cafe & Late Lounge. Award-winning cocktail bar. Homemade, fresh modern European cuisine.Winner of Best New Business 2013 at the BAHBAs (Brighton & Hove Business Awards). Open for Breakfast, Lunch, Traditional Afternoon Cream Tea, and Dinner. Cocktail bar open till 1am week days, then 3am Friday & Saturday nights. Venue is available for private functions.
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Fascinating place, delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

My partner and I were wandering around the lanes looking for somewhere to eat breakfast. We literally stumbled across this place and were fascinated by it so decided to try it out. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you, I had a vegetarian breakfast which was absolutely lovely, one of the best breakfasts I've had. My partner had a typical breakfast which he said was delicious.
The little place itself was so interesting, couldn't take my eyes off the lovely things around the place.
We tried to find this place again when we revisited brighton but lost ourselves and never managed to so we're disappointed at that. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lewis S

London
“Power crazed bouncers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Tried to get into this place last night on my sister's hen do. We arrived at 22:50. No one particularly drunk, and the only hen do paraphernalia being one 'bride to be' sash and a couple of tiaras. Whilst waiting we were asked to remove the hen do garb, which we did. At 23:00 the bouncers said we could go in - and pay £5/person entry fee (£60 for our party of 12) that applies from 23:00. No matter that we had been made to wait for 10 minutes for no apparent reason (it was not one in, one out) and nothing to be gained from trying to reason with said bouncers. Will not be returning here.

1 Thank FoodLoverSW2
Lukas P, General Manager at Bohemia, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Customer,

As you would expect I am very disappointed to read your review and sorry you didn’t enjoy your night at Bohemia.
Bohemia applies an over 25’s age policy and smart dress code (no shorts, trainers or sports wear). Moreover, we also do not admit themed stag or hen parties on weekends as this is against our company policies.
Regarding the entry, there is a door charge of £5 from 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights. This applies to all customers and bookings and according to our log book from Saturday night the venue reached it’s capacity at 22:25 this is the reason why you had to wait. I’m sorry but as an organiser, I must as far as reasonably practicable, insure the safety of visiting customers. The venue should also be safe and without risk to the health of those working there.

Lukas
“Amazing Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

The best sunday lunch we have had in years the staff were great and check out the mirror in the ladies we will be back next time we are down in Brighton

Brighton
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

We had lunch there.
We sat upstairs on leather sofas with a view outside to the street which was very comfortable.
The food was very good and reasonably priced.
The waiters English was not that good so it was sometimes difficult to get him to understand which was a bit annoying, but overall we were very pleased.

“Shambles”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I organised my birthday here for 12 people on 12th August. At the request or the events manager Jessica we pre ordered. We also booked the roof garden thinking an Augusy evening would be warm! 2 days before I asked if we could move inside if weather continued to be terrible and was advised that was fine the "library" was also reserved as back up.

The table was set on the roof but it was freezing and when we said they had held the library area I was met with confusion.

We were set a table by the door after half an hour. The drinks we ordered on arrival were still not ready.

When starters were ordered one was totally omitted one was wrong.

I gave the email to the waiter with main courses to ensure all were correct. We still received 2 extra.

Drinks were so slow that the ones we requested when starters were cleared arrived after I finished my main.

It was 45 min to clear mains.

No dry ice which was a shame as my favourite here is espresso martini.

2 toilets were out of order.

The bill came with NO food on. We even asked they look at the bill and tell us what was wrong and Oliver even then didn't see why it was wrong.

Oliver was lovely but knew it was a mess.

I am disappointed as I brought friends and family.

Oliver took 10 per cent off to acknowledge the mess. But I must express my dismay and disappointment at what is usually my favourite bar.

I emailed all this the night of the meal and had a response from the events manager Jessica that the manager Lukas was on holiday and would take this up on his return.

I chased a week later and was advised Lukas was still "catching up" after his holiday.

More than another week later nothing. Yet I see responses on here so maybe this will finally get a response?

6 Thank Milehighchrissy