“Best cocktails in Brighton!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bohemia

Bohemia
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohemia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,113 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Grand Cafe & Late Lounge. Award-winning cocktail bar. Homemade, fresh modern European cuisine.Winner of Best New Business 2013 at the BAHBAs (Brighton & Hove Business Awards). Open for Breakfast, Lunch, Traditional Afternoon Cream Tea, and Dinner. Cocktail bar open till 1am week days, then 3am Friday & Saturday nights. Venue is available for private functions.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best cocktails in Brighton!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I came here with my girlfriend for a few cocktails having heard good things from friends was not disappointed. The drinks were made promptly and the staff were friendly while making the drinks for us. I asked the barman who's name was Tom to recommend a drink for us and he gave us one of his own concoction which my girlfriend found thoroughly enjoyable. It was refreshing to to be served by staff who were not only very amicable but also knew what they were talking about. I will certainly be coming back here.

Visited April 2014

Hertfordshire
“Simple poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We only wanted a couple of cocktails & possibly a snack. We found a table upstairs, when ready my boyfriend went down to order; an Old Fashioned, which is a simple drink in ingredients but takes time stirring. And for me a Bloody Mary. A table of ladies came in just after & they got served first. We watched every movement if the bar man, he had no idea how to make either drink, constantly reading his cheat sheet. When making the drinks he put my vodka over ice & then moved to the other drink leaving my vodka to dilute. He later added pepper & celery salt with his hands. Then without washing moved to the other glass & held it by the rim. We had added a starter of chorizo tapas by now & after 15 minutes still no drink. A couple of gents came in for a beer. Rather than engage them & find out what they wanted & offer to bring if over once finished making cocktails our drinks kept being left to serve others. As to how they tasted we'll never know. We politely gave up after 20 minutes & left. For a bar that prides itself on their cocktails they sadly do not have the staff to carry this out.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sarah7A
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Bohemian Rhapsody - it is not!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Don't expect to find customer care on this menu! I booked a table for 5 over two months ago for my birthday while we would be in Brighton for the weekend - 12 Apr. When we arrived we were given a table right by the entrance door and had a large draught of cold air blowing on us each time the door opened. When I asked why we were being seated there and not upstairs I was informed there was a large party of thirty five upstairs and no room. I pointed out I had booked this over two months ago and I asked to be moved somewhere else and the Man who I assume is the Manager I spoke to was extremely rude and unhelpful basically saying its this table or you can leave.
On a Saturday night in Brighton at 7 30 we would have no chance of finding somewhere else to eat for ages. I complained about the draught every time the door opened and the best they could do was pull the curtain across one of the doors slightly. Not once did he apologise or even offer a complimentary drink or dessert even after I pointed out that he was spoiling my birthday evening and that of my friends. He was very unhelpful and his attitude was one of he couldn't care less and left us all feeling unimportant and unwelcome as customers. Just because we were a group of five and not thirty five doesn't make us any less important.
The food itself is very good and we had no complaints there and the waitress that served us tried to make our experience better but the evening was marred due to the Manager's lack of customer care skills. Having had a very good experience at a different restaurant the night before just emphasised how poor the service was at the Bohemia, and has led me to write this review to warn others.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lucy P
Yeovil
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Visited as a couple for dinner mid-week. Staff were lovely although not as quick as they could have been. Ordered lamb shank and the duck dish. Food was excellent. Asked to order dessert at 9pm and waitress had to check as the kitchen were closing (a nearby table were still waiting on their main course). Was able to have dessert - well presented and tasty! Overall very good value and excellent quality food. Maybe train bar staff to make desserts, so they can be served after 9pm. :-)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rachel B
“Very bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Rude manager, overpriced cocktails and worst of all a complete lack of respect for their customers.
Do not go, lots of other really great places in Brighton, why take the chance that you hit a good day?

3 Thank Gail S