“So much food”
Review of Blackbird Tea Rooms - CLOSED

Blackbird Tea Rooms
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Recently awarded the accolade of "Best Tea & Cakes in Brighton" (Brighton Source Magazine), Blackbird Tea Rooms with its quintessentially English traditional style, has become the favourite retreat of lovers of good old fashioned quality and service. In addition to our traditional tea and cakes we also have a wide selection great breakfast and lunch dishes (see website for menu). We are very busy all day both Saturday & Sunday and therefore are unable to take reservations for the weekends (sorry).
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My grand daughter loves this age of decayed grandeur and the look on her face when we went in was worth the wait of twenty minutes for a table.
Beautifully served high tea on mismatched crockery, real tea with a tea strainer, we were delighted the whole experience Had to box up some of the food.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I ate lunch at the Blackbird with a friend of mine recently. Whilst waiting for my friend to arrive, I had a cup of coffee which was one of the best cups of coffee I've ever drunk. When my friend arrived, we both had a cheese scone filled with cheddar cheese and onion marmalade. It was absolutely delicious. I was greedy and followed this with a large slice of coffee and walnut cake, which was also scrumptious. My only bugbear would be the strength of a pot of looseleaf tea which I drank with my lunch. It was rather weak. Other than that I can't fault a thing.

The waitresses were attentive and delightful. The ambience was wonderful with vintage music playing in the background (not at all obtrusively). The prices are about what one would expect to pay in Brighton. The location is very central. I recommend this café highly.

1  Thank SoniaShoreham
Reviewed October 31, 2013

we walked past on our first day in brighton and saw a queue thought that looks like a good place.the next day we went in and were lucky as a table was just being cleared.the service was really good lady was really helpful without being in your face. made my 8year old feel very welcome even though she didnt want anything.the cakes were amazing and very large portions couldnt believe the price.if you like homemade cakes this place is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank suaujla
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went there in the summer heatwave with a friend. Sat out in the courtyard in the sunshine which was lovely. We had the afternoon tea. Beautifully presented & very yummy but we were disappointed that it didn't come with range of sandwich fillings (i.e. just one flavour per person), surely the idea is that you have a variety? They did give us an extra flavour but then charged us the full price of an extra sandwich. They did make us aware of this prior to our ordering though. I would go back.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely latte and passion fruit and banana cake. Yummy. Very sweet tea shop and lovey staff. Well worth a visit and good value for money.