“Pretty good, a bit oily though”
Review of Bombay

Bombay
Ranked #458 of 1,176 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very nice and helpful staff. A good range of fairly nice dishes, although I have sometimes found some of them a bit too oily.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Saw some other reviews so decided to give them a try. The service was attentive and we both enjoyed our food. The nan and puree were both very good.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

great service and great food. Bit pricey but worth it for the great tasting food. As always beers are expensive when eating in Indian restaurants but you know that before you go in

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having had a couple of excellent meals in here a few years back, I was informed that this restaurant has now changed hands. Always a concern of mine that the food, service etc. will still be good.

My lamb madras was far too tomatoey, lacking spice, and was of a flavour I've encountered before on a few occasions in other places, which I didn't like either. Which led me to believe it was from a tin. But to be fair, the other dishes were good and the tarka dall was excellent.

We asked for the bill after an enjoyable meal, at which point I noticed there was a service charge of 10% added. Not unusual nowadays, but I've never paid a service charge in an Indian restaurant (and I go to a lot of them!). We were charged for poppadums which we didn't order, and they were written on the bill at the bottom using a different pen from which the other items were written. Obviously trying it on ...... or a genuine mistake?!? I'll let future diners decide. We weren't given any apology for the 'mistake' and the waiter was just a bit too quick to alter the bill. Oh, and the service charge wasn't altered to take into account the removed poppadams.

Petty? Maybe. But in this day and age, you have to check and double check everything or certain people will just take advantage. Left with a sour taste in my mouth. Another place to cross off the list.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were searching for a restuarant and found the Bombay near our hotel, great service and the best Chicken Tikka I think ive ever had!!