“Great B&B”

Hudsons Guest House
Ranked #50 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at Hudsons as our usual choice of hotel in Brighton was fully booked, we weren't sure what to expect but it was lovely.

Centrally located, great service and parking at an extra cost. Breakfast was lovely and there is wifi. The room was a nice size, clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife liked it-good quality modern decor, good price.
I didn't-feet hung over end of bed (I'm only 5ft9-medium), could hear neighbour singing through the wall (early eve), bathroom door had visible gap on hinge side. Though note this was the loft room, so of course was a bit cramped. These were just minor nuisances. What spoilt it for me was the surly, sarcastic attitude on the phone. I phoned when I could see we wouldn't make the 4pm booking-in time. Owner "How long will you be?"; 'half an hour' I said; "That'll be an hour then" he said in a highly sarcastic tone. God forbid anyone turning up later.
I see a similar comment in October.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank yendordo
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in room 5 ,clean and tidy, nice powerfull hot shower ,wife impressed with the decor and the very comfy four poster bed ,good breakfast, plenty of facitlites in the room and the owner arranged parking permits for us which is pretty helpful in Brighton, The B&B has a good location so we didn't have to walk far at all .We would definitely stay there again...

Room Tip: we liked room 5 as it had the four poster in it!
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This B and B is a delight. The rooms are small but extremely well equipped. We booked last minute and had an excellent continental breakfast. Food was fresh and delicious. The minibar is superbly stocked and really competitively priced. It's minutes from the seafront and Betty the host is very friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate in returning. No need to look anywhere else.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 7. Well equipped
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This guy should not be in the hospitality business, he has a nice little guest house but his whole attitude was rude and aggressive before we even arrived. I tried to cancel after speaking to him, but unfortunately the money was already paid!

4  Thank a g
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I recently enjoyed 3 nights in Room 8 at Hudson's Guest House. The room was compact but well furnished and decorated- the very antithesis of chain m/hotels et al. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the en-suite shower room perfect for my needs. Located close (less than 10 minutes walk to the Pavillion) to the centre of Brighton and even nearer to the more eclectic Kemptown, Hudson's is ideally situated for people/parties wanting to get out and explore. Staff are considerate, polite and experienced- and seem glad to offer information and tips if asked. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed for four nights at Hudson's for a conference. It suited me perfectly, travelling on my own and being out every day till late, I just needed a comfortable room and breakfast. The room was compact, but comfortable and well fitted out, with a small ensuite which met my needs. If you want a morning drink in your room, you have to remember to take tea bags, coffee etc from a stash in the breakfast room. The room was hot, and other reviews have commented likewise - so I asked for a sheet, which was fine for the rest of my stay.

Breakfast is served in a couple of small downstairs rooms, and is simple but sufficient. I particularly enjoyed scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and vegetarian cooked breakfast.

It is an easy walk down to the beach, or to the main shopping areas, the Brighton pavilion, the quirky shops in the Lanes and everything Brighton has to offer. The place met my needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room if there are two of you, I think there is a four poster room at the front.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo