Hudsons
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$99
$215
$273
SmithHotels.com
Malmaison Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$231
$216
Agoda.com
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$154
Blanch House(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$181
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest houseb bmy partnerstay there againbooked last minuteenjoyed our stayparking permitsmall fridgecomfy bedstreet parkingtown centrerooms are smalltea coffeecentral brightonper dayroyal pavilionchecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This was a trip to celebrate our Pearl wedding anniversary, a long weekend and to see John Bishop at the Brighton Centre. The past reviews were the reason for booking at Hudsons Guest House as well as the price.
The staff were very helpful, room 7 was delightful, clean, spacious and comfortable, we had a superking bed. The breakfast was more than we could eat and very tasty selection to choose from. The breakfast room was a little crampt for the 'larger' guest but very nicely presented with an outlook onto the well established garden.
The Guest House was in easy walking distance of all that Brighton has to offer.
Parking was a squeeze and it was not easy to find a close by parking space but help was at hand with the luggage (Alex was very helpful) and parking permits were available on request when checking in.
The picture on the website is a little misleading as the canopy and door are now black, not red.
Would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs, front of the house are the largest
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oldromantic1
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed at Hudsons for 6 nights. The rooms were fine, breakfast good. Price-quality ratio fair enough. All seemed as could be expected. A pleasant guest house.

Service, however, was a problem. There were a few minor incidents of bad service and one rather alarming one where one of the owners actually started screaming at me, refused me breakfast and told me to go away in strong terms. No apologies offered later either.
A shocking experience and inexcusable conduct on their part.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ellenkeates
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My partner and I only stayed two nights unfortunately...and what a lovely stay. The owners were friendly and helpful. The room was great, clean, and fun, all the little details made it a great experience. The breakfast was one of the best I've had...will definately look forward to a return visit..

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Hudson's is the only guest house in a residential street, but close to a regular bus route. We were given clear instructions on which bus to take, and which stop to get off at, when we made the booking.
It's quite a small place, and beautifully clean. We were welcomed by one of the owners who was so friendly and explained everything really clearly (there's an intercom system at the front door). After asking us what we were interested in seeing in Brighton, he gave us a map, and pointed out the best areas to eat, and shop etc.
Our room was lovely - quite compact, but with everything we needed. We had a 4-poster bed, which we weren't expecting. A kettle, mugs and glasses are provided, and you can help yourself to tea, coffee etc from the dining room. As part of the room service there are bottles of wine, plus soft drinks in the fridge, and the charges are very clear, and very reasonable! The bed was extremely soft and comfortable, and the decor was gorgeous - so pretty and very much in keeping with the Brighton "vibe".
But the best thing about Hudsons has to be the breakfasts. You have a choice - and what a choice! I wanted everything on the menu!! The first morning I had the vegetarian cooked breakfast, and the next day I chose the smoked salmon with scrambled egg. I think that vegetarian breakfast was possibly the best I have ever tasted. (Incidentally, I'm not a vegetarian) If I'd stayed another night I would have had pancakes the next morning. The food was served very quickly, but the whole breakfast atmosphere was really relaxed. We felt very "at home".
Because Hudsons is in a residential area it has quite a few supermarkets locally - there's a Co-op and a Morrisons just round the corner. It's only about 10 minutes walk into the centre of town and only 5 minutes walk to the seafront.
It was our first visit to Brighton, and we loved it. When we go again i won't waste time looking at the bigger hotels - I'll just book up at Hudson's straight away. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Parking is very limited, so use public transport
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Great location for exploring the centre of Brighton, don't be put off by the outwardly scruffy appearance of the local streets as these give way to the eclectic and colourful area of Kemp Town. Hosts are welcoming and helpful, we stayed in room 9 which was tastefully done out and had everything you would need. Free wifi was a bonus. Walls were paper thin but didn't really affect our stay. Breakfast is basic, no frills but quite edible! Would have liked to have seen homemade pancakes on the menu not the ready made variety. We enjoyed our stay and would come back

• Stayed: March 2011