“Perfect in every way” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

We stopped at the Seattle Hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary and we loved it. My wife is pregnant and we asked for a quiet room and yes we got one. The attitude of staff was great and we felt that we were special. We cannot fault this hotel. The breakfast was to die for, full of fresh and local produce. Thanks for making us smile from ear to ear and we hope to be back soon.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Herne Bay Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with some friends, there were 10 of us altogether and we stayed here on what they call a lazy sunday deal. I cannot fault the hotel at all, it was clean, warm and quiet. We stayed on the marina side which was well worth it. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the staff were friendly and attentive. Free parking is a bonus and only a short stroll away. There are plenty of restaurants at the Marina and also a nice Wetherspoons ideal for a cheap breakfast, lunch or dinner. Also great for cheap drinks if your on a budget. There is also a casino, bowling and cinema near by if you fancy something like that.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LOOEZY
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

I love the Seattle Hotel and have stayed here twice now. I will definitely stay at the Seattle Hotel again next time I go to Brighton...
The hotel has lovely rooms overlooking the marina and the sea. They are spacious and very minimalist - the decor is a clean white throughout and it is very peaceful being in the room.
The TVs in the rooms have Freeview so there is plenty of choice of programmes. There are also iPod docks in the rooms so remember to take your iPod if you go. The rooms we have stayed in have balconies on them which are nice to stand out on overlooking everyone below.
The breakfast in the Seattle is lovely - there is a buffet of croissants, muffins, fruit, etc and then you get to choose which hot items you'd like and these are served to you at your table. We've also had Sunday lunch here and it was scrummy - the creme brulee was the best I've ever tasted.
There is also a cocktail bar in the Seattle which is nice to relax in.
The location of the Seattle is worth a mention - it is not in the centre of Brighton - it is a 5-10min drive away from the main part of Brighton (the Lanes, the pier, shopping areas, etc) - we have either got a taxi or used the bus to get into Brighton which was quite easy. Parking is free at the Seattle which is rare in Brighton - you park in the multi storey car park which serves all of the Marina amenities.
Close by to the Seattle in the Marina are a 24hr Asda, a cinema, a David Lloyd gym, a Wetherspoons, several restaurants including Pizza Express and Prezzo, a Harvester and lots more. The website " http://www.brightonmarinashopping.co.uk/ " is really helpful.
You get complimentary 'feel good formulas' toiletries in the room which smell great and the hotel also has a lovely smell throughout.
It is good value, especially when you stay using one of the hotel's promotional offers.
Can't think of anything to complain about!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dani_Essex
redhill
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

After parking in the public carpark, we entered via the boardwalk. Very poor first impression with no decoration, no welcoming signs, only an arrow pointing up the stairs,and a very shakey slow lift. Booked in at reception. Staff "uniform" was a jumper, shirt worn mostley outside of their own denim jeans. No offer of help with baggage or offer to show us to our room. Our room was advertised as bright with full french doors and balcony overlooking the marina...instead one half of the door was bricked up and there was only half of a balcony. This made the room very dark and gloomy, and appear small. The bathroom smelled as though it had been mopped over with dirty water. I phoned down and complained, at which a member of staff came up, checked our reservation confirmation, said "I don't know why they put you in here" and immediately took us to the vacent room next door which was exactle as advertised!
On unpacking I phoned down and asked the manager why we had not been given the better room on arrival. His reply was "we sell rooms...not windows!" The restaurant was using only the conservatory, and looked cold and empty, so we forgoed our voucher and ate elsewhere.. When we returned the room was freezing so I turned the heating up from 20 to 30 degrees. This made no difference, so I phoned down again and asked did the heating work and was told that the heating was fine, so I suggested that they came up to my room and showed me what I was doing wrong. After a short pause came the reply "well you have got fan heater in your room!" So I asked again "does the heating in my room work" and was told "No". I asked him why he had lied to me and he offered to put me through to the manager...and came back that the manager was busy and would see me in the morning. When I did meet the manager no explaination was offered for the conduct of his staff and to why we were not orignally given the best room available and paid for,or why the heating did not work and had obviously broken some time ago but remained unrepaired, and where was the chocolate fountain that so much fuss was made of. He arranged for me to get a credit on the two newspapers that I had ordered, said my comments would be noted and left!
The breakfast was very good but was the only thing about this hotel that was!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gymhart
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

Don't be put off by the 1980 horror that is part of Brighton Marina; once you're inside this hotel it's more than worth it.
The lobby is very casual, as are the staff but nothing was too much trouble for them. We travelled with friends and their tiny baby and the hotel have a device that links to your mobile so you receive a call if the baby starts to cry. Once you pick up the phone it acts as a microphone into the room so you can hear what's going on - genius!
Rooms have comfortable beds and zepellin ipod docking stations. Our room was on the marina side and watching the sunrise over the white cliffs further down the coast is just what life's all about.
We had dinner in the hotel and breakfast the following morning and both meals were very good. Once you walk through the main lobby into the much plusher dining area it's as if the hotel picks up another star rating on the way. The rest of the time we spent mooching in the lounge, watching the boats. Bliss.
We only stayed one night and because of the baby our movements were restricted but it wouldn't have taken long to walk into town and the free parking is a bonus. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weetruffle
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

I visited my daughter who is at Uni in Brighton....wasn't going to risk staying at her rented shared house!
Most hotels in Brighton expect you to book for two nights over a weekend, this one doesn't.
we had a twin room side view....didnt need the Marina view as was only going to be sleeping there....didnt see the point of paying extra for the view.
The room was very modern & large, nice touch having the zepplin shaped speaker/dock to plug your ipod into.
Nice flat screen TV.
Reception staff were great, very informative & polite.
Parking free of charge was a bonus...I left the car in the multi storey car park all of the next day & got a day rider ticket for the bus into town & back.
When we got in our room i wanted to turn the radiator on so as the room would be nice & cosy when we came back after an evening out.
Unfortunately it was not working...phoned reception who sent up maintenance....the guy arrived with a portable fan on hand...he unfortunately didnt speak very good english & couldn't seem to work out how to make the radiator work!
So i phoned reception again & asked to be moved, they had no other spare rooms...she sent the manager up...who was very polite & concerend that one of his guests had a problem....he checked the radiator & found that the maintenance guy had actually managed to switch it on, but didnt realise that he had!....he then showed me that the switch looked like it was turned off when in fact it wasnt & the heat soon came through. (basically the switch is an odd shape)
He then enquired about if we were eating at the hotel & recommended the restaurant etc. & wished us a good stay.
Very proffessional helpful guy.
We didnt eat at the hotel that evening in fact we ate right next door at the Indian restaurant which was just as good as any other I have eaten at.
The bathroom was lovely & spacious, with a lovely hot towel rail which kept the room very warm, so no heating needed in the bedroom after all!
The only fault I found was that the beds were on castors, so too much movement meant that they shifted slightly, but very comfortable with lovely pillows.
All in all a good hotel, although slightly overpriced, but much the same as others prices in Brighton.
The breakfast next day was amazing....really worth getting up for, a choice of continental or cooked or both if you want it.
Tea & Coffee facilities in room ...no bikkies though!
Iron & board sent up on request.

• Stayed January 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

Recently spent two nights at the Seattle as part of a girlie weekend in Brighton. Was worried about the hotel's location out of the main centre but this wasn't a problem at all. During the day it was a pleasant walk into town along the front with taxis and buses also available. Free parking at the hotel is a real bonus.

Stayed in a standard double room, not huge but didn't feel cramped and had a small balcony overlooking the marina. The room was well fitted out with comfortable bed and great shower. Most rooms come with a fancy ipod docking station however mine worked intermittently & the one in my friend's room next door didn't work at all. The hotel is decrated beautifully, very stylish with a great bar area. Free Wi-fi is available. Enjoyed a cocktail masterclass in the restaurant (must be pre-booked). Breakfast was fantastic with a wide choice, we also ate in the restaurant one evening where the food and wine was superb. All the staff I spoke to were very courteous and helpful. Can't wait to go back again for a weekend.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends