“Little gem of a restaurant”
Review of Anatolia Cuisine

Anatolia Cuisine
Ranked #53 of 1,141 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Stowmarket
“Little gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Anatolia Cuisine may be small, but it's perfectly formed.

My partner and I booked a last minute stay in Brighton and having wondered around Kemp Town looking for somewhere to have dinner, settled on Anatolia Cuisine and we're not disappointed.

The first thing we noticed when we were seated was the Turkish rugs that were on top of the tables (covered by a sheet of glass). It's quirky, but does give a nice atmosphere. The second thing we both really appreciated was that it was an open kitchen - so you can see everything that is being cooked.

The food was amazing, as was the service. It was clear that the place has a lot of regular customers and for a Wednesday night was very busy.

We had the mixed grill for two - which comes with 3 starters, so we chose Falafel, hummus with prawns and moussaka and this all came with a basket of warm pittas which was clearly freshly made. The moussaka was amazing, as were the other dishes. We finished the starter already feeling slightly full and then were presented with the huge mixed grill plate. Chicken, lamb, beef, pork all served with grilled peppers, tomatoes, some rice and a side salad - and not to forget more pitta. The meat really was tender and so succulent and very very enjoyable. We couldn't quite finish it all between us but it was certainly very good.

It's a small restaurant with some regular customers that has a lovely feel, great service and amazing food. If you're in the area you should definitely give this place a try.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great Turkish Gem!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times with my partner now & we can't get enough!

Starters are amazing, khobz bread with an almost Harissa dip and a think, creamy, cheese dip. No idea what it is but I often think about how delicious it is. To be honest, I'd return just for that dip!!

We normally share starters, often the cheese bourek & grilled sossis. Both are irresistible! We've tried the moussaka before but I wasn't too keen, my partner loved it though!

We usually share the mixed grill, salad is fresh & rice is cooked to perfection however, there are only parts of the meat that I will eat. It may be that I'm a fussy eater (I'll admit to that) but the texture and taste just aren't that great in my opinion. The kebab skewers are always top notch!

The decor needs to be improved, and the layout of the tables could be better placed but these are small complaints when eating here.

The staff are always friendly and have built a good rapport with my other half. They don't speak to me as much but as an Arab female I believe that to be down to them being respectful of my culture and their own.

Usually spend around £45-£50 between the 2 of us. Great location and good food, can't ask for much more than that!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Turkish Food”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had lunch here, just came across the place when wandering in Kemptown. A few tables occupied when we arrived. Staff very attentive and friendly and made good suggestions for choices from the extensive and very reasonably priced lunch menu.

We had a couple of starters - both excellent - a stuffed aubergine and some home-made hummus with lambs liver.

Mains were lamb and chicken kebabs - both excellent, freshly flamed at the open grill in the dining room. We had a couple of glasses of house red, water and Turkish coffees. Food was under £8 a head, alcoholic drinks around £4 each - fantastic value for really good lunch. We will be back.

Service was really good but not fast - not a complaint - just reflecting the pace and culture of Med style eating. If you want a fast lunch - you may be disappointed by the pace of service. If you want a really nice relaxed lunch - you won't be disappointed.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food !”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Visited 3 March 2014 for the second time.
Great staff, great food and good prices! They have several set deals on their menu They even take Tastecard!
Will definitely be back next time we're in Brighton.

Brighton
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I booked for a group of 15 including some with very specific dietary requirements. We ate royally and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

The staff were great - very helpful and friendly. I thought that the bill was very reasonable too.