“Lovely lovely food”

Dining options: Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely lovely food”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Its kinda of a vintage gastro pub, if that makes any sense to you, bunting and old stuff hanging all over the place. Quite charming really. We went at lunch time for a romantic birthday lunch with a one year old tagging along… Place was pretty empty so as a result lacked atmosphere, but it was a Tuesday, so fair enough..

More importantly the food…. bloody lovely, my one year old polished off bangers and mash, I had an amazing steak and wife had some vegetarian thing which she raved about. The service was friendly and professional without being obtrusive. Slightly exxy for lunch, but the quality of the ingredients and meal warrants it, so you don't mind.

Have been reluctant to mention to others as its so good, we want to quite selfishly keep it to ourselves!

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have driven past this restaurant and been told by friends to visit and eventually we made it! Really friendly low key service. A simple room but quite comfortable. Limited wine list but good value. Food really very good. Overall pretty good and a great addition to the Brighton scene for quality dining at a reasonable price.

• Visited November 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“My new favourite”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We discovered the Cuthbert a couple of months ago and haven't left it since! The menu is always very interesting and the produce is always of an excellent standard. I have had some lovely evenings here and the staff are very friendly. They serve very nice wines and the deserts are superb.

Brighton
“Happy to cater for different diets”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Okay, this is not ostensibly a pub catering for vegans. But, today, for the second time this year, they prepared me a special and absolutely delicious meal. The starter today was adapted from their main menu (Spiced Fruit & Chick Pea Pastilla, Pomegranate Dressing, Coriander) and tickled my jaded palate nicely. The main course was specially made for me - a butternut squash Thai-style curry with rice. Exquisite. Then vegan sorbet for afters. I chose a ball of cherry and one of mango. Delightfully refreshing. My meat-eating friend also loved his food and the bill, for three courses plus coffee, came to £36 for both of us combined. Well done Cuthbert's - an imaginative response for a special diet.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Robin thank you so much for a truly amazing meal my daughter and I had with you on Tuesday night. The food is made with such love and attention to detail. It was all faultless and the fish was so fresh you could taste the sea . I feel that we have found a gem of a pub and if I could give this pub more than 5 stars I would. Every mouthful was pure heaven. Thank you Robin you are a star. We will be back on Boxing Day !!