“Pulled out all the stops”
Review of The Cuthbert - CLOSED

The Cuthbert
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brighton
“Pulled out all the stops”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Yet again The Cuthbert managed to pull out all the stops, last night with my wife'sand her friend in from Qatar we went to The Cuthbert for a farewell meal.
It turned out to be a great way of ending a perfect day, we could not fault the food service or ambience. For a Thursday night in November it was comfortably busy, a very special thanks to Emily who ran bar and restaurant area by herself without anyone having to wait for anything.

• Visited November 2012

Brighton
“Not at all impressed........”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This gastropub had been recommended to us, especially for their Sunday lunches, so just recently we decided to give it a try and go. We had not booked a table and turned up virtually 12 noon. Once inside, we told the waitress we had come for lunch, but had not made a reservation. There was one adult and a child in the restaurant and a group of four sitting at a table in the bar, and us. The waitress had to go and ask I assume one of the owners, if they could accommodate us, and eventually showed us to a table in the bar area. We ordered the roast beef lunch, and my daughter asked for a salad. The waitress returned to advise that chef did not have any salad, so my daughter chose just to have a soft drink whist my husband and I ate. We were advised that the beef would be served medium rare which suited us both. After nearly an half hour wait our lunch was brought to us. The beef was so far too rare for us both. I would go as far as to say it was just past the point of mooing......the huge Yorkshire pudding was cold, not warm or hot. we were also served a small portion of buttered carrots and kale between the two of us and a small jug of wine gravy that was tasty and which we used to warm the yorkshires. Bearing in mind the roast was £12.99 a head, I was not at all impressed, and whilst I can only make comment on the Sunday roast,, I can't honestly say that we will not be rushing back there.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank AnnaBrighton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great local pub!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were very impressed by the warm welcome given by the waiter, which followed through to very attentive service throughout the meal. For main course I had plaice which was cooked perfectly with a complex fusion of lots of other flavours on the plate, my partner had the steak, also cooked very well with perfect homemade fat chips.
If I really had to look to find a way of improving the experience it would be just simply to dim the lighting a bit and add a few candles :)
Well done on setting up a great local which we will certainly return to!

• Visited October 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining At Pub Prices”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This place has been dishing up amazing food for the last few months. The service is friendly, the wine is good and there's some great outdoor space in an area where there's hardly any. Get down there and check it out - I can't believe it'll stay this good for ever!

• Visited August 2012
“OUTSTANDING.....,”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went here on the recommendation from 2 people and we were not disappointed. Right from the start the staff were attentive and accomodating, we requested to move table and this was done with a smile and effortlessly.
The food was cooked to perfection and very enjoyable.
Starters are around £5, with mains averaging £14, expect to pay £25 per head with a glass of wine.
If you want somewhere special to go then this is your place.....