“Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 17 Bakeries in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Exquisite French Patisserie and Café serving breakfast, light lunches and afternoon tea. We only use the finest ingredients to create beautiful and delicious cakes along with 12 sumptuous flavours of macarons. We served premium local coffee and loose leaf tea. Gorgeous birthday cake available daily. Bespoke celebration & wedding cake made to order. Macarons tower and favours also available.
Reviewed January 20, 2020

We dropped into this cafe at the end of our train journey. What a lovely experience. Apart from the award-winning macaroons and excellent coffee, the waiter was kind, knowledgeable and helpful. Coffee shops don't get any better!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (293)

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

Excellent coffee at this patisserie. Helpful, friendly staff gave us a taster of their delicious macaroons, wow they are fantastic! Everything is homemade and looks delicious whilst original food. Looking forward to returning! Thank you Julien Plumart.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 12, 2019

Beautiful Macarons, my favourite were Vanilla & Passion Fruit, served alongside a gorgeous almond flat white. I could help but purchase from the Patisserie selection on the way out as the cakes all look so delicious, I opted for a Peanut Surprise 3.0 and was not disappointed with my choice (I didn't ask about the 3.0 bit...)

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 24, 2019

My friends and I were looking for a place to have a coffee before going back to London. Unfortunately the bartender’s actitud towards us made us leave before even being able to sit down. As we were getting in, one of my friends went to sit down and the guy behind the bar said in a not really nice way “sorry, we are not serving hot food anymore”, which felt a bit awkward because we never wanted to have food, just coffee. I know we were a “big” group (10 of us counting myself) but we found his reaction quite rude when he realised how many we were and said “there are more places down the street” while laughing. We asked if they were about to close, because we didn’t think it was an appropriate joke, to what he answered that no, that they would close in a couple of hours but he wasn’t excited about the idea of making 10 coffees.
I worked in the same type of business in the past, actually I was the one who used to make the hot drinks, and I would NEVER make a customer feel like they are annoying me for being too many. That has a name and it’s called being unprofessional. He was laughing and maybe???? trying to joke but unfortunately we wanted coffee, not going to see a comedian.

Date of visit: November 2019
3  Thank Anabel F
Reviewed November 24, 2019

I have visited this cafe many times over the years, when visiting Brighton. The atmosphere is pleasant and the staff very friendly and polite. I was there on Friday 22 November with my husband and we both enjoyed our light lunch. This is a real (and rare) French corner in Brighton. We also took home delicious patisseries to eat after dinner that evening.

Date of visit: November 2019