“A hidden French Patisserie”

Julien Plumart Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Bakeries in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Exquisite French Patisserie and Café serving breakfast, light lunches and afternoon tea. We only use the finest ingredients to create beautiful and delicious cakes along with 12 sumptuous flavours of macarons. We served premium organic coffee and loose leave tea. Gorgeous birthday cake available daily. Bespoke celebration & wedding cake made to order. Macarons tower and favours also available.
Worthing, United Kingdom
“A hidden French Patisserie”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Having had a full day of shopping and on the way to catch the train home we found Cocoa - wow! What a find in Brighton - the Manager and his staff are French, the music in the background is French and the pastries were - well, very French!
We arrived fairly late in the afternoon but the two pastries we chose were as fresh as when they would have come out of the oven. Excellent tea, small thermos flask of hot water was a lovely extra and the fresh fruit juice my friend drank she said was lovely.
We bought pastries for the journey home and got two for one - thank you! We will definitely not pass Cocoa again without stopping.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“The Pastries Were Pretty Good”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This little patisserie was very pretty and caught the eye well. We didn't sit in to eat the pastries we had chosen for ourselves, but instead took them home in a takeout box. The macarons weren't my favourite - they were a little over chewy, I personally prefer them with a bit more of a crunch - , although the little raspberry dessert we bought was pretty and quite tasty. Didn't regret going, but probably won't go back.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good but not amazing”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I recently visited cocoa the other day and I must admit it didn't quite live up to my expectations I had from the reviews I'd read. While the food I had was very nice (I had two macaroons-pistachio and chocolate), the staff weren't particularly organised and it took a good five or so minutes before we were served. Granted there was a table full of about twelve girls in there but other than that it wasn't particularly busy and there were after all three members of staff there who could've easily just taken our orders while we were waiting. I'd also add that it wasn't quite as peaceful as hoped as it's location is right in front of a busy road so on a hot day when the door is wide open you get a very annoying loud sound of traffic ruining your experience. Overall I'd say that it's good and the food is fairly reasonably priced but it's nothing spectacular.

• Visited May 2014
Wallingford, United Kingdom
“What a find on a wet day!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We called into Cocoa on the wettest Easter Sunday I can remember and were greeted by very pleasant staff. While they sorted out a table for us we were treated to samples of their delicious macaroons. With the French music playing and the decoration on the walls it had a lovely atmosphere. The toasted sandwiches and filled croissants were very tasty. Our daughter-in-law also tried one of their beautiful cakes which was a real work of art. My husband was very impressed with the tea selection. Hot water provided in a little vacuum flask - what a nice touch. We were very reluctant to venture out again but could not delay any longer! Do try Cocoa if your are in the Station area or make a special trip!

• Visited April 2014
“Delectable patisseries and brilliant service!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

A warm welcome to a beautiful french Cafe in the heart of Brighton, typical parisian music played in the background really set the ambiance. Excellent service from the manager and his friendly staff. The manager described the patisseries with such passion and flavour that you were unsure of which treat to choose, i settled for a plate of 5 mouth watering macaroons. They were sensational, words can't describe the bursts of flavour in your mouth, a great cup of Earl Grey tea was enjoyed too. Everything is presented with precision. Cocoa Patisserie will take you back to the streets of Paris, it is a Cafe you can't miss out when in Brighton. A beautiful Cafe, exquisite patisseries and friendly staff.

• Visited April 2014