“A last-minute Brighton surprise”

Julien Plumart Cafe
Ranked #4 of 14 Bakeries in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Exquisite French Patisserie and Café serving breakfast, light lunches and afternoon tea. We only use the finest ingredients to create beautiful and delicious cakes along with 12 sumptuous flavours of macarons. We served premium local coffee and loose leaf tea. Gorgeous birthday cake available daily. Bespoke celebration & wedding cake made to order. Macarons tower and favours also available.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the train station, unable to face an m&s sarnie while sitting on the concourse.
Good thing we did, we loved it here! An oasis of calm on the mad high street, food was simple but tasty (my wife loved the veggie sandwich), and the macaroons (which we ate at home later) were fantastic, esp. the pistachio one.
If you're doing the mad dash to the train station, stop off here, have a breather, and enjoy the continental atmosphere.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Overall ok, but it promises so much more from outside. Disappointing cakes and average service. There is much better nearby.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was drawn in by the colorful macaroons I could see through the window and cakes on display. The woman serving was more than happy to give me some recommendations and give me a small menu of the flavours they have. I picked out four which were passion fruit, pistachio, salted caramel and bitter sweet orange. They wrapped them beautifully in a bag with ribbon for me, as well as letting me try a sample. What can I say, they are fantastic.

Another gentleman came in and was unsure as well, as they aren't cheap at £1.45 each if you want a selection but on trying a sample, he also couldn't not get some. The passion fruit in particular is incredible. Will be back in the future to get some for a special occasion.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The cafe is really small but I think that's what makes it cosy and inviting. I have only tried macaroons there and I have to say there are absolutely delicious! My friend, who loves macaroons, even claims they are better than the ones from Laduree in Paris! The staff are French which makes the place more authentic and they always provide service with a smile. It is a good place to visit when you have to wait for your train or if you want to catch up with your friends!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited this patisserie in Brighton with our daughter who currently lives and works in the UK. She said a visit to Cocoa Patisserie to purchase a box of their prized macaroons was a must. We didn't get to Brighton until 3pm as it was a lovely sunny (if cold) day and parking was extremely difficult, taking us over an hour to find a spot! We went straight to Cocoa as we hadn't had any lunch and thought we could get the macaroons and lunch at the same time. The macaroons are excellent - we bought a box of 24 assorted ones for 35 pounds - probably the best we've had anywhere. We had eggs benedict (as they serve all day breakfast) which was delicious. Service was a little busy and our waitress was new, but that didn't bother us, even though we were kind of in a hurry. It is only a tiny store, so seating is limited. If you like macaroons, I suggest a visit!