“Great service, quick, cheap, yummy”
Review of El Taco

El Taco
Ranked #857 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Popped by tonight with my other half for a quick bite. The guy who served us was really polite and friendly despite it being pretty close to 11pm on a Sunday! Got ourselves a fajita and burrito for little over a tenner, both MASSIVE. Yes they do microwave the food to reheat it but no one has ever tried to hide that and there's fresh salsas and lettuce to go on top. Again, the service was fantastic and very welcoming. And they now do delivery too! Yay!

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Me & my husband visited this mexican takeaway on Western Road this month. We were welcomed by a gentleman who was very helpful and descriptive about what was being served. However there were 3 guys standing behind the counter just watching us decide so I found it a bit awkward to comfortably decide.
We were asked whether or not we were rice lovers and we said no therefore these dishes were suggested to us. I ordered a quesidilla and my other half ordered an enchilada.
The food was decent but not very authentic in terms of being the best in town. We are both food lovers with a good appetite and I think one main each was not enough for us. It was obvious that the food was already prepared and had been heated in a microwave before being served to us, meaning it didn't have that level of freshness you would expect from fresh food.
It was not as tasty as mexican food usually is.
The pricing was decent but I don't think I will be visiting this place for a long time now.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Great little place with friendly staff and a great menu with everything you'd expect. Grab seat if you are able and watch the world in by eating good food and deciding which boho gelato ice cream to finish it all up with.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. It may look a bit shabby but the food is great. The staff were friendly and it's fantastic value for money. Try the veggie quasedillas. Mmmm

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I went three time to this restaurant..I tried the chicken burrito, chorizo quesadilla and the chicken enchilada..all of them were amazing but especially the enchilada..it is very tasty....the service was excellent..they were very friendly and very polite..I will definitely eat there again.