“Great weekend get away!”

The Royal Pavilion Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #64 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice quiet location and in walking distance of town and restaurants, Staff were really friendly and great to talk to! made you feel very welcomed, Nice size room, Could go in and out as much as needed, Would recommend to anyone and stay again :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Saw this through KBG as looked good for the price, booking was very easy however on arrival the room was disgusting, dirty carpet, en-suite door was coming off the hinges, tiles in bathroom floor were cracked, extractor fan filthy and dropping debris onto the sink and the curtains/blind were dirty and did not work. Complained to the manager who took no notice stating that he tried to see us to change rooms, obviously when we walked past him in the street and said hello that didn't count!! Breakfast was spent with the cleaner hoovering (very slowly) around the tables. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AFL63
Hugh C, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Pavilion Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

We have no idea what this guest is talking about and can only think they chose to bring their own problems into the hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The website advertises a very different hotel - having stayed for two nights we are highly unimpressed. The building is very dated inside and in need of repair; our bedroom and bathroom walls had several serious cracks, the bed wasn't made properly, the "jacuzzi" setting in bath didn't work and the fridge was broken. The joint reception/breakfast area felt very tired, it was messy when we arrived at half two in the afternoon. There was no customer service; the owner seemed disinterested in us and our stay. The two other members of staff spoke very little English and again were not very hospital. We are both very sceptical of the other reviews as they don't reflect our stay/impressions of the hotel at all. Was such a shame as we were hoping for a bit of luxury as advertised on the website. (Young couple, romantic break)

Room Tip: 'The Lienna' seemed best of a very bad lot!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Pavilion Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2015

This all seems to be something and nothing and more a question of the guests expectations being wide of the mark as no concerns were articulated while in house. We imagine the source of the booking was a KGB deal

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I bought a KGB deal of a two night stay at this B&B (It's not a Hotel) at half price it worked out at £49.00 per night B&B not a bad deal you might think, however the booking procedure was a little test of patience I rang to book the room and was told I had to Email them with details of the KGB deal they would then email me back to confirm, I have no idea why they were unable to do the booking while I was on the phone, I did as requested and finally received a reply confirming my booking.
I arrived at 2pm to book into my room and was met at the front door after a little wait by a very nice man who booked me into a double room on the very top floor, I am quite fit and have no problems with stairs, however no mention of five flights of stairs or my ability was made at the time of booking so if you do have a problem with stairs let them know when you call them.
I was handed the key to the bedroom and front door and was then informed that breakfast was served from 9.30 to 10.30am well to me this is way too late, I am up and out by 8am and off to see people and places, so I mentioned this to him and was very kindly offered breakfast at 8.30, so ok not as early as I would like and an extra hours parking cost but not too bad, I accepted and proceeded to my room on the top floor, the room was a good size with en suit facilities all a little tired and in desperate need of renovation, the carpet and the bedding are filthy with stains and that stale damp smell you get in rooms that are well past their best. The Shower was ok with hot water but not a lot of pressure and was fitted with too shower heads! Twice as much water used but with only one person in the shower you can only benefit from one side or the other not both so 50% of the water is wasted. The Toilet seat was broken as was the towel rail and the lock on the door was hanging off.
The window is rotten and the curtain – blind just about hanging in there.
I woke on Wednesday morning at about 2.30 – 3am ish to the sound of people dancing on a car bonnet or roof however my car was parked a mile up the road in Worthing as it’s a lot cheaper than Brighton to park a car in.
I found out on departure (6am Friday 19th October) the two houses next door are Hostel type accommodation, I noticed this due to the three down and out drunk men who were hanging round outside the building asking people for money (Yes at 6am)
Back to breakfast, I was shown into the breakfast room and there was a few items laid out for self service, tea coffee were in pressure jugs and you just help yourself, tea was ok, I had a bowl of grapefruit very nice, at this point the man arrived with a full English breakfast he had cooked for me, he didn’t ask me if I wanted a full English breakfast or give me any choice, I would have liked two poached eggs on toast to be honest that would have done me for the day, still I eat the breakfast while the chap stood right next to me for 20 minutes watching me eat it, I asked him for some toast, he said sorry we don’t do toast! Ok so why the jam butter and marmalade? I only had breakfast on the Thursday morning as I was unable to waste another two and a half hours waiting for it on Friday morning, I was about a third of the way home by the time they served breakfast.

I was also informed that the room would not be serviced due to the loss of the second key; however the key must have been found due to the bed being made and a clean (ish) towel.

Room Tip: I Had a room on the top flor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Andy P
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My four-night stay at the Royal Pavillion Townhouse Hotel in early October 2012 was comfortable, fun and perfect in many ways. The "Beijing" room, where I stayed, was clean, warm and extravagalantly designed. The owner, Pravin, is personable and available almost any time of the day or evening -- and can cook an incredible curry if you like Indian food. |the staff were professional and efficient. The breakfasts were large, diverse and very good. The other guests were quiet and respectful. This place is more like an exotic boutique hotel than a bed-and-breakfast or a chain hotel. You won't be disappointed, especially because it's located in the middle of all the action in Brighton -- a minute from the shore and walking distance to the Lanes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank agillis
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Checked in 3.45 had everything ready with free 2 glass of wine. Very friendly clean and happy place. Had good talk with owner before we went out to eat in lanes. Will come back next year.
Had personal introduction to the room by owner. Great place to stay for romantic break.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank khalid p
Reviewed October 3, 2012

One of the best place to stay in brighton, Very friendly people on arrival free tee coffee, fruit juice and fresh fruit, with home made cake. owner is very friendly and funny just felt like meeting new friend.rooms are nice but too many stairs counted it is about 70 in total.
So carefull or try lower floor.break fast is very good and tasty.only odd thing is owner is doing everything himself so breakfast took about 10 min to come out but fresh and yummy.
We had great time in brighton.
Thankyou for looking after us. harman

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple