“Coffee from the ground up !!”

Small Batch Coffee Company
Ranked #18 of 70 Coffee & Tea in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I really liked this place...Yes, great coffee but also great snacks, sandwiches and sweets. I loved the decor and the atmosphere...I would give it fives stars if the seating was more comfortable.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Living in central London, I'm a little spoilt for choice when it comes to good coffee. Finding this place in Brighton, I was rather excited at the potential. They seemed to have the right equipment and a nice looking shop, so I thought I'd chance a takeaway flat white with my friend...

Well, after about ten minutes waiting while the guy on the machine showed some of his latte art skills off to his friend, it came to out turn. Well... He carelessly stuck a large jug of pre-cooked milk under the steamer and reheated it... Yep.

He then proceeded to pour two of the most amateur looking, super cold (and mediocre tasting) coffees I have had in a good while. He practically threw the milk at them unceremoniously, leaving the kind of topping you would expect from someone on their first encounter with a steamer...

I allowed myself to ask him one question. "No art for us then?". He just looked me with a childish look on his face and dismissed me with "next time guys, next time"...

Yeah, there won't be a next time mate, I'll take my £2.50 elsewhere.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Set in the "newer" part of Brighton near the library. The coffee isn't Starbucks, but it's perfectly acceptable. The seats are of the bar stool size, but not style, at sharing benches. All acceptable for a quick coffee.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Lovely coffee,lovely staff, lovely place! Had a lovely cappuchino in the sun outside and was really pleased at finding a really great coffee place not just some hideous change. Keep it up!

1  Thank Glitterbabe300
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Really tasty coffee! I usually drink decaff, which often doesn't taste like much in most places, but here, the decaff was delish. The food wasn't bad either. But really long queue and quite slow service unfortunately.