“Sydney standard Coffee - have coffee here if you want an actual coffee in England!!”

Small Batch Coffee Company
Ranked #20 of 65 Coffee & Tea in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great coffee - a coffee connoisseur's type of coffee !!
Confusing order process - felt that even the makers of the coffee were confused too!
Shame about the food - small treats only no actual food cause they are all about the coffee!! I went here pretty hungry looking for breakfasty food but failed due to small selection on treats not substantial to my appetite.
Drink coffee here if you want a decent coffee in England!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Breakfast provided for Myhotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Although not a great choice for breakfast, what we ate was good. Excellent coffee and hot chocolate. Had not heard of the SBCC before but would now go to them for a coffee.

Visited February 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best coffee in Brighton & Hove”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Small Batch has does wonders for coffee drinkers in Brighton & Hove. I still think the Hove location at Wilbury Road is the best (best staff and service) as I always seem to end waiting a little too long in the Brighton venue on Jubilee Street (thought that's probably as I'm only there at peak times). I've not tried the Seven Dials branch but wish the team the best of luck as it's good to have a local company fuel us with caffeine rather than the big coffee chains that seem to have taken over the world.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great coffee”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Whilst perhaps not the best coffee in Brighton, it's pretty darn close!

I have not had a bad experience in Small Batch (either the Hove or Jubilee St branches), but can only vouch for their coffee as never had any of their delicious looking cakes, pastries and sandwiches. Then again, their a coffee bar, so if their coffee was no good it wouldn't matter!

So, all I can say is GREAT coffee, fun atmosphere, and lovely friendly staff! Keep it up!

Brighton
“Popular coffee stop”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have mixed feelings about Small Batch. FANTASTIC that we now have a decent cafe at Seven Dials. Service is good and cakes and pastries are delicious.
Unlike most of the other reviews I don't like the taste of the coffee - I'm not a connoiseur by any means but find the americano coffee quite bitter compared to other coffee places.
Out of 3 visits to Small Batch (twice to Seven Dials and once to Jubilee Street) I have been surprised to find that on 2 occasions the cakes have not yet been put on display, even though I haven't been there particularly early - 10.30am ish.
Seven Dials needs to sort out its seating and tables - the tables have a bar underneath them just above knee height so it is very difficult to sit with your legs under the table.
A great atmosphere at Small Batch and friendly staff, but a couple of niggles that I feel need to be sorted.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank emmainbrighton
Small_Batch_Coffee, Creative & Media at Small Batch Coffee Company, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi there

Thanks for the feedback about Small Batch and particularly about the service, atmosphere and cakes. I'll make sure to let the team know

With regards to the coffee, all our baristas taste our espresso all day every day, whilst in the roastery, we frequently cup it to ensure that it reaches our high standards. It's a real shame for us to read that you didn't like the taste as we pride ourselves on the lightness of our roast, the balance of the flavours and indeed, the sweetness of the espresso.

We have two deliveries per day from our bakers, The Flourpot, around each of our shops, freshly baked every day. The first one is our breakfast items and pastries at around 6am, followed by the cake and lunch items at around 10ish. Sometimes, when the shops are busy, there might be a slight delay in putting out all the food. Other times, traffic around Brighton might cause a hold up. I will definitely look into it though and thanks for flagging this.

Finally I've not found the same difficulties with the seating at Sevendials but will go up there myself to check it out again.

Love Small Batch