“Tasty Food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went here for lunch and got Half tack of Ribs, Chips and coleslaw for £6.95 the food was very tasty and a good size portion.

The restaurant was empty and doesn't really attract a lot of lunchtime trade. I'd like to visit in the evenings as Tues, Wed and Thursday eves they do Bring your own alcohol with free corkage so great value.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Ate here on opening night,was welcombed by owner & treated very well, have been back many times since. Last visit 28/08. although sevice is sometimes a little
slow, especialy when busy, we are always pleased with sevice & quality of food. One of our regular haunts.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went on a week day when there was a set menu on offer, 2 courses for roughly a tenner. The service staff were great, food prompt and good portion size, definitely couldn't complain with the value for money we got. Looking forward to trying the 'all you can eat' ribs on a monday

Reviewed August 22, 2012

**** I have deleted my original review so I could edit some parts ****

Having been a loyal customer of the Kemp Town branch we decided to try this one as its closer to us. The service left a lot to be desired, the staff seemed like they didn't care and it was a struggle to get noticed. Both of us had steaks, they were cooked as ordered (Med-Well) but were barely tepid and didn't taste to the usual Old Bank standard. The restaurant felt cold and unwelcoming even though it was a warm day.

A few weeks after my review went up a member of management contacted me via Trip Advisor. She quite clearly cared about my comments and asked for further details about the experience.
She told me it was a work in progress and considerable time and effort is being invested into staff training. For this, they must be commended, also, in their defence, I didn't complain at time, I just wanted to leave.

I still prefer the Kemp Town branch but may give the Hove one another go further down the line.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were visiting Brighton and Hove for the weekend and found this place for an evening meal.
The staff were very friendly, great Menu and the food was excellent.
The Shredded Pork Burger and Kahlua Don Pedro are a must!

Helen B, Owner at The Hove Bank, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review on Tripadvisor. We really do appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards