“Unexpected Gem!”
Review of The Lion & Lobster

The Lion & Lobster
Ranked #60 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unexpected Gem!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

A colleague and I were in Brighton this week on business, after arriving and checking into our hotel we set off for a stroll around town.

The aim of this little jaunt was to find an establishment server good food but, crucially, also showing the Manchester United game. We wandered around for about half an hour with absolutely no luck finding anywhere until we consulted Google - 'Best pub to watch football in Brighton'. The result came back with a number of suggestions, we decided on the Lion & Lobster which was only a short walk from the hotel. What an inspired decision that turned out to be!

The pub is very atmospheric, has a great selection of IPAs and ale, superb menu and plenty of well placed TVs showing the football! Plus the bar staff are very welcoming.

There were plenty of choices on the specials menu, but I decided to play it safe and order a pizza (Hot, Spicy pork) which I can honestly say is one of the tastiest pizza I have ever had.

With Manchester United winning 5-0 and the free bottles of Grolsch we received it turned out to be a brilliant evening, in no small part to this hidden gem of a place! If ever I am in Brighton again, I will be sure to visit!

Hastings, United Kingdom
“wacky and delicious”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love food that gives me the option of a bit of everything like tapas and i managed to find a fish platter on the menu, truly delicious. when i first saw the pub tucked away I was so dubious about it and thought it won't be good but I was so wrong. Amazing value, great staff and atmosphere and delicious food , do try, such fun!

• Visited May 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Packed with people and atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

A fabulous boozer who make the best pizza I've ever found in a pub.
Great service; fast, patient and professional. The pub is a must if you're in the area. You won't be disappointed, unless there's a match on and you can't physically get in the door!

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, good atmosphere but service could be better”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Four of us on busy Friday night. Luckily table booked. Nice wine, good starters (deli boards to share), interesting specials (happy with my rabbit dish-but tbh was bit too rich-mash pot were like glue... so no room for dessert left) Not overpriced menu. Nice atmosphere. Warm (lovely real fireplaces around) but not too hot.
Only little criticism, hopefully constructive-staff can be more attentive, would be nice if somebody would come and ask at least once - "is everything ok"-question. Also staff should be better train-be able to explain the dish, answer the questions about the menu (or see that some stuff are missing on the plate like our falafel...) or able to find out them for us. Maybe they were busy, maybe they are "new" - I dunno, I know only that this is basic. But still - I do recommend.

Reigate, United Kingdom
“Lunch with friends”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

What a lovely pub! Football downstairs, what looked like a really nice outside space and very good restaurant. I found it really difficult to choose lunch, because there were so many things that looked really tasty! I went for the Asian beef with sweet potato, washed down with a glass of Prosecco - delicious! Definitely going back to try something else. Prices very reasonable too.